Untitled Part Four

A'taya's POV

"It would be my ex to go and look insanely handsome after we break up." I huffed.

"Maybe y'all should talk." Aniya suggested and I shrugged.

"I don't know, I would honestly be lying if I said I was over the situation." I said.

"More so a reason y'all should talk it out." She pointed out.

"I dont know." I shrugged.

"Oh come on Tay, you love that man." She said.

"You're right I do." I said as I found him again with my eyes. He was standing at the bar across from us.

"What would you lose talking to him?" She asked and I nodded.

I swallowed my spit and stood up deciding to be courageous. I drank a little of my pineapple juice, orange and cranberry juice with a little Sprite mix and decided to walk over to him.

Just as I was about to walk over, a girl came over putting her arms around him. He turned towards her and smiled before embracing her.

Immediately I felt my heart clench. Yes, he could hug whoever he wanted without having relationship with them but she, she had a look in her eyes. Like she wanted him and from that, I decided not to be as bold as I had thought just moments ago.

I turned towards my sister and balled my fists up tightly deciding  to throw caution to the wind. I walked right up to Robert and the girl.

"Excuse me." I said as she giggled flirtatiously.

She looked over at me and I swallowed my spit quickly.

She smiled and I smiled back.

"Hi, can I borrow him really quickly?" I asked tugging at his arm and she smiled.

"It's up to him." she said and he looked at his watch.

Before he could say anything else, I decided to speak up. "I need you." I said turning back towards Reginald.

He looked stunned, but quickly whisked me over to a private spot, not even excusing himself. From what looks were telling me she wasn't happy, and her high, erect posture was gone.

"Hey." I breathed.

He looked into my eyes and then over my body. "Hey."

"I-um." I stammered. "I don't know why I needed you." I said nervously.

I should have had what I was gonna say ready but I didn't.

He smirked and instead of saying anything, he kissed my lips. He kissed me softly, and the passion wasn't far behind. His fresh,minty breath tinkling down my back caused my spine to tingle.

"I missed you too." He said. "A'taya I love you." He told me.

"I love you too." I said and kissed him again.

It felt good to be back in this mans arms. To embrace him again, to feel close to him again.

I said to my sister telling her what happened that night when I left with Reginald.

"Yeah, and so what happened!" She squealed anxiously.

I sighed. "Nothing. After that night, I left. I looked at him, with so much love in my eyes. It only reminded me of how much he hurt me. Karen, I'm scared to let him in again. Im scared to allow him to say and think that he loves me because all I-" I sighed getting emotional again.

She engulfed me in a motherly hug and I sighed.

"Listen, I know how you feel. Just give yourself time. If he's right for you, he will be in your life and if not." She shrugged. "You'll find someone else."