Untitled Part Fifteen

A'taya's POV

"Hey Baby!" I said answering my cell phone seeing that it was Reginald. I grabbed my air pod, preferring it over the Bluetooth in my car

"Hey bae." He said. "Where you on the way to?" He asked concern clear in his voice.

"I am on my way to grab something to eat. Did you see my email?" I asked him pulling out of my parking spot.

"Yeah, I saw and I wanted to know what this was gonna go towards because the numbers seem off." He said.

"I just need you to help with the mortgage for six months." I told him continuing my drive towards the Mediterranean spot of frequented since being on this somewhat health kick with Reginald.

"Okay that wasn't the agreement Taya." He started

"Yes it was." I said to him, furrowing my eye brows a bit.

"No the agreement was I'm a silent investor and I help you with all operations. Why do you insist on not letting me help baby?"

"You are. I'll explain everything shortly. Are you home?" I asked him.

"Nah, I'm in route." He said.

"I can stop and grab you food and then I will be too." I said. "How was your day?"

"Good, I had a doctors appointment." He told me.

"What? You didn't tell me." I said.

"I forgot about it. They said I'm doing well though." He said which made me smile.

"Really! And what else?" I asked him.

"Well, you know how we all met up today. My cardiologist, urologist, and general physicians sat down today and I am officially healthy enough to where I don't have to check in as frequently. We gonna start by trying every month and a half and see how that goes." He said and I clapped.

"Yes baby! I'm so proud of you!" I said relieved to hear the news. Dieting, exercising, and constantly checking on Reginald's sugar,pressure, and all other sorts of levels was exhausting. Constantly worrying about if he'd be heart healthy enough and feel energetic enough in order to do certain things after blood transfusions and other procedures was tricky for us especially because of Reg's up and go attitude.

"Thanks Beautiful." He said making me smile hard.   "I think we should go on a trip to celebrate." He suggested. "A weekend in Cabo or something."

"As tempting as that sounds I have tons of work to do." I bit my lip thinking of how fun it'd be to enjoy the sun and him in the middle of the weekend in Mexico.

"You can bring your laptop and phone." He said convincingly

"And I have a-"

"I hear excuses. You got until tonight to pack and call your sister and pops.  We are out!" He said and I shook my head knowing he'd be super stubborn.

"I love you." I told him, smiling at his ability to push me.

"I love you too babe.  Now let's get ready for this trip." He said and I smiled after hanging up.

I called my sister excited. "Hey honey!"

"You'll live so long. I was just thinking about you sissy."

"Mm, thinking about what exactly?" I asked her.

"Nothing particularly. What's up?"

"I just wanted you to know I'm going to Cabo with my man." I said happily smiling at the thought of saying that.

"Cabo? Cabo is for married folk." I heard Rich yell.

"Bye sir." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Cabo sounds amazing. What's the occasion?" She asked.

"My man wants to take me." I smiled and I looked down at my phone hearing the beeping indicating she was trying to FaceTime. With my free hand I slid on the screen accepting the FaceTime.

"What?" She asked. "I need you to say that again."

I nodded, "I know, he's amazing."

"Are you having sex Ataya?" She asked me raising her voice slightly with a surprised look on her face

"Uhh no." I said shaking my head and looking back up at the road.

"You sure? Because Cabo is sexy. And it's alright if you getting it in boo."

I laughed. "I'm not geesh."

"Well you might start after Cabo!" Rich yelled.

"Bye." I said to them both and Karen laughed.

"Have you told dad?"

"No, I just found out a few ago that I'm going." I told her. "I was calling you so you could help me plan an outfit or two." I said knowing that my style didn't exactly scream sexy beach getaway.

"Well, maybe it's a good idea that you swing it by dad."

"I am grown woman.  I can go on a trip without consulting him." I said a tad offended.

I've never been the irresponsible type and I've always stuck to what my core values are in every situation. No place could make me switch up on how I feel.

"I didn't tell you you couldn't, I'm just saying you should let him know damn." She said.

"I will." I said sighing thinking maybe I was taking it a bit too personal.

"Alright base-y." She said and I sighed.

"You'll help me pack?" I asked her.

"For Cabo? Are you sure you want my help packing?" She asked

"Absolutely, I haven't seen you in forever too so yes." I said.

"She'll help you." Rich said. "Hey babe, make sure she look good so my brother can hit it." He said and I hung up on them rolling my eyes.

Rich always played about our sex life. He found it completely amusing how long Reginald was able to hold out.

I smiled thinking of how patient he's been with me.

We are focused on intimacy. Intimacy has been in all forms from spiritual intimacy, emotional intimacy, affectional intimacy, physical intimacy -well, all the parts that don't involve sex and it's been great.

Cabo is a trip that we can take to do just unwind and get away. We've gone through so much lately and we deserve it however, sex is bound to creep up so we gonna have to talk about it.

I guess we will all see.

_________
A/N : and she is backkkkk so much has happened and I haven't written in hella long but I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready! I hope you all are still here and haven't outgrown Wattpad and well, me.

Dream ♥️