Untiltled Part Six

Ataya's POV

"Karen, for the last time if you get pregnant I am not planning a shower for you." I lied trying to hid the smirk from my face by engulfing myself with the warm cup of tea in front of me.

"It's your sisterly duties." She sipped on her drink.

"Okay." I mumbled and continued. "How's that going anyways?"

My sister at first didn't want any kids until at least three years of her and her hubby being married but I guess it went out of the window once she felt like she was at a place where she could handle it.

"Well, as You know we've been trying."

"Okay." I said chopping up some peppers.

"But lately Rich is acting odd about it."

"As in" I trailed off.

"As in he doesn't wanna have a baby right now." She pouted.

"Did he say that?" I asked pulling my eyebrows together.

"No but it's like every time I tell him I'm ready to have sex he doesn't wanna." She explained. "Don't get me wrong when we do it it's fine, but." She stopped. "I don't know."

"Well, have you talked about it with him?"

"I've tried but everytime I bring up ovulation he doesn't wanna talk."

"Ovulation?" I asked her.

"Yes, we need to have sex when I'm ovulating."

I laughed. "You tell that man Babe, I'm ovulating lets do it?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"No." I laughed a little harder putting my knife down. "Listen Ren, I'm no sex expert but I know that man doesn't want to just do it because you're ovulating." I shook my head.

"You think that's why he says no, or doesn't seem into it?" She asked.

"Oh I'm sure that's why." I said. "He probably doesn't wanna feel like he's being used to just make a baby." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah, you're right." She pouted. "I'm just trying to have my baby."

I shook my head. "Well act right and you'll get it." I shrugged.

"Enough baby talk, what's been going on with you?" She waved me off

"Nothing." I shrugged my shoulders again.

I love nights in with my sister. Us just hanging out at my house is something we haven't done in such a long time and being on my couch right now just enjoying one another is surely what I needed.

"Really?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows and I nodded.

"Literally, nothing has been going on." I said getting up and turning towards my kitchen. She followed me.

"I have a question." She asked.

"And what's that?" I asked her putting olive oil in a pan.

"Do you ever think of dating?"

"No I don't." I answered honestly.

"But why?" She asked.

"I'm just not ready honestly." I shrugged.

"You weren't ready when you and Reg got together."

"Exactly." I laughed.

"If you're still in love with him then I understand and say that. Don't just say you're not ready Tay."