Untitled Part Two

Reginald's POV

"What's good man!" I said walking into my barber shop.

"Hey long time no see! What's up?" One of the guys that works for me asked.

I sighed sitting down. "Nothing much, I'm
Cooling."

"You look terrible." The only female barber said looking at me in the face.

"Thank you so much." I said and got up out of the seat I was sitting in. "Why ain't nobody in your seat?" I asked her and then looked around. "Why isn't anybody in any of your seats?"

"Chill boss man. We schedule by appointment, we knocked everybody out for a quick minute." Brelayn said.

"Yeah, whatever." I yawned.

"What you doing tonight?" She asked as I for the first time in months put a pair of clippers to my face.

"Nowhere, just a business meeting." I said.

I had let a lot of business meetings go. I'd make my assistant go, schedule calls or anything not to be out.

I am not enjoying my time being a single man. A lot of the time I can't believe I was happy being by myself and being with multiple women.

It's true, once it's gone you miss it and I damn sure miss her.

"Oh okay. Can I talk to you in the back real quick?" One of the guys, Marshawn asked.

"Yeah, what's up " I asked putting the clippers down and making it to the back. Once we were in the back he looked at me.

"Yo, bro. You know you my boy so I gotta know. You smashing her?" He asked.

I smacked my teeth. "Man that's somebody's daughter." 

"Alright, so are you having relations with her?" He asked again.

"Marshawn! Somebody here to see you." The receptionist said.

He sucked his teeth. "Damn man."

I shook my head deciding to finish my line up in the back of the shop and get out of there.

"Alright y'all, I'll check y'all later." I said after counting up the money and making sure I took it to the pay the shops bills.

"Seat rent due?" They asked me

"Mm, nah. Y'all good." I said deciding to give them a break.

"Alright cool." Chris said saluting me. I nodded off to them and left out.

The past few months have been a whirlwind. Losing the love of my life wasn't easy, and to say I have been taking it hard is an understatement.

"Hello?" I said answering my phone.

"Hey brother." Karen said and I smiled.

Just knowing someone close to A'taya was a blessing.

Even though we aren't together, I still wanna know she's good.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I didn't meet with her. She was pretty bummed." She reported.

I asked for Karen to take A'taya out to lunch. I know, it sounds bad, but I need to know she's good.

"Damn, why?" I asked her.

"Because I brung up you. We aren't talking about that though. What happened? The real story of what happened Between you and her." she asked

I sighed. "You know." I started.

"You get on my nerves!" She groaned.

"I've got to go."I sighed.

"You always do this just tell me!" She whined.

"I can't right now. I have a business meeting in a bit and I refuse to be late. " I said.

"Fine then. I'll ask her." She said and hung up.

I groaned knowing I was supposed to give her the scoop.

A'taya

"Hello." I said answering my phone. I laid face down in the bed.

"Sister! I have The Godfather's in my hands ready to be eaten!"

I smiled happily taking her company.

"I'm coming." I said and hung up.

I got out of bed and threw on a sweater before going to my door.

"Don't you look cute." I said to my sister.

"Thank you." She said and kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome." She said and we sat down to eat.

I grabbed the shrimp and lobster pasta that was tossed in garlic and butter along with my salad and piece of cheesecake.

I bit my lip anticipating the taste of it in my mouth.

As we began to eat, Karen talked. She talked about countless things, a number of things I wasn't even listening to because I was too concerned with my food.

"I have a question." She said.

I swallowed. "If you're asking me was I listening I wasn't." I said honestly.

She laughed. " I noticed that, but no. My question was why did you and Reginald break up? I know you were busy and blah blah but the real reason and not because he was healthy again." She said

"Next question."'I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on! Tell me please."

I sighed. "Because, he wanted to." I shrugged. "One night, I was sleeping in his bed and then the next morning he comes home and he just said he didn't want me anymore. He said he couldn't deal with me being obsessive and overbearing, me not having time for him. He said that I had a choice, work or him and when I didn't answer, he got upset and said F the whole relationship." I sighed annoyed. He told me he wanted, no needed a break to enjoy his freedom" I sighed

I knew it wasn't really the issue of me being busy, my schedule was finally starting to steady out and we always made plans according to dates we were both off.

"Oh my God."

"I'll admit that I was hounding him. I wanted to make sure he was okay, and everything." I shrugged.

"Sweetie."

"I wish sometimes I could just ask him why. What I did wrong and why he hurt me so badly." I shrugged.

I know I said I wanted to break up so he could have his fun being healthy and single, but everyone knew that didn't really happen. He broke it off with me. I guess he wasn't happy. I guess I was just too much to handle.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and sighed.

"Let's stop." She said watching as I dug into the cheesecake more. "Let's go out." She shrugged. "I have makeup of course and we need to go out and have fun and not worry about him."

"Let's go." I nodded deciding that it was best to leave well enough alone. It's no real need or use of asking questions or thinking about it. I am single, working and finally I have some type of happiness.

I want to keep that happiness, even if
It's the last thing I do.

~~~

Thanks for all the well and birthday wishes!
I hope y'all enjoy this chapter and
Let me know how it was.
Comment!