Untitled Part Eight

A'taya

I yawned with the phone by my ear.

"Baby if you're tired-"

"No I'm not tired." I said knowing I wanted to collapse.

"Okay." He sighed. "So finish telling me about your day." He said and I closed my eyes.

"It was good, really productive. I'm tired, ready to come back home though."

"Let's focus on the positive." He said and I smiled lightly hearing him tell me that.

In a lot of instances Reginald made me question what I'd do without his positive outlook on days like today, when I'm feeling the opposite of my normal self.

"You know things are going good. I'm content. Just not all the way there yet."

"Positive stuff baby girl." He chuckled.

"Right." I nodded. "I'm happy to be speaking with you." I told him.

"I'm happy to speak to you too baby." He said and I murmured in satisfaction to his mushiness.

"When you coming home?" He asked.

"In three days. I'm ready to come back now." I told him honestly. 

"It's that bad?" He asked.

"Fashion week here isn't what I expected." I shrugged.

There was nothing for plus sized women that wowed me. There are plenty of women who have curves, body and are above a size 10. No one had a fashion show specifically for us, and if they did it was terrible.

"That should be fuel for you. Next year, we gonna have a line out and we gonna showcase it in the City for fashion week." He said and I smiled.

He is so passionate about my successes. It's a big part of why I love him.

"You're right Reg." I said

"I know, it's gonna be great and any way I can I will help you." He told me.

"I appreciate you." I said.

"I appreciate you too."

"I'm serious Reg. You're always here for me." I said and my heart felt like it had gotten warmer.

"I'm your man and you're my lady.  You help me the same way." He explained. "Most of the times when I don't deserve it."

It felt good to get comfortable with Reginald again. I won't lie, parts of me is still hesitant about him and I working because I don't want us to separate again.

I know that Reginald is the only one for me. I know that I am the only one for him too

"Obviously, you're sleepy baby." He said after me nodding off.

"No-"

"Yes." He laughed. "I'll call you in the morning okay Beautiful?"

I sighed deciding to give up on fighting sleep. "Alright." I said and blew him a kiss. He caught the kiss, and then hung up. I sighed looking on the other side of my hotel bed and turned away from it praying sleep would be fast and I'd wake up to a day closer to seeing my man.