Untitled Part Thirteen

Reginald's POV

"No." Ataya said as I tried to wake her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She knew we had to get up and look for apartments and then go see about her father's girlfriend.

"I'm tired." She whined. "And I feel sick."

I sucked my teeth.  "Come on bae, you know you don't feel no sick."

"I do." She groaned.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked her and she wouldn't budge.

I sucked my teeth. "I'm just about to tell your father that you don't want to meet the lady and keep it moving."

She laid there still, not responding.

I shook my head and grabbed the phone.

"No but baby for real, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"My period." She said and I put the phone down.

"Oh. Well, what you need?" I asked.

She wasn't usually someone who whined so I knew it just had to be something.

"A few more minutes. I promise I'm gonna be up." She said I just got off of bed.

"Alright, we got a one o'clock. So you got time. I wanted to take you out to breakfast first but if you not up to it-"

"I'm not. I'm sorry." She said.

"It's cool, I'll leave you to it." I told her backing up off her. I decided on just taking my clothes out. Knowing her, she'll want us to look extra good plus, we have to go see about some properties. Hopefully I can convince her to allow my help.  Nothing Finacial because I know she doesn't enjoy that but something. 

I really hate to see my baby girl out here stressing.  She's such a huge blessing to everybody else I want that to be reciprocated at least sometimes. She needs office space, a studio to dress and for her wardrobe and she needs an apartment and let's not ever forget about her car. 

"Hello." I said answering my phone.

I began to talk to my older brother, RiShawn.

"What's good fam." He said.

"Nothing. At the crib." I said.

"Oh word? I thought y'all was supposed to meet Karen and Taya pops for brunch or something."

"Yea, we changed it to dinner. It works better with they pops lady friend as ataya keep calling her."

He laughed. "Why she being like that?"

"The last one wasn't a good fit." I explained. "How you know anyways?"

"I talked to your little brother." He said.

"Call Rich." I told him.

"Okay cool." He said and began to dial him. "I called you because I'm thing to figure out that place you took taya." He said as Richard's line began to ring. 

"Oh, that's the new spot, Cliff Bell's. Its a little jazz spot. She into that art and poetry stuff so I had to go show her something." I explained and he laughed.

"Boy whipped ain't he?" Rich hopped into the conversation.

"I ain't whipped. My lady like nice places and it's my job to show her the world."

"Yeah brother. Whipped like you said." RiShawn began to laugh and I shook my head chuckling a little.

"It's cool, we love Taya.  She really a real one." Rich said.