Untitled Part Seven

A'taya's POV

I walked through the coffee shop with my shades on my head, anxiously waiting to get to the table where Reginald sat.

My nude heels clicking on the dark brown hardwood oak caused attention to be on me. My leopard print shirt and red fitted dress pants  and gold bracelets complemented each other well.

He stood up, noticing me and after softly kissing my cheek, he pulled my chair out for me to sit. I felt absolutely amazing in my outfit maybe it was because I could get into the pants without looking or feeling like a stuffed sausage or maybe the fact that my hair was freshly done that had me happy but this was just enough for me.

I was shocked that Reginald actually came through with asking me out on a date and began putting a real effort into this us thing.

"How's your Morning so far?" He asked me after the brief moment of silence.

I nodded. "It's been pretty good so far. Thanks for asking." I said to him observing his outfit. He was clad in a dark jean shirt, brown belt, and darker jeans. He was absolutely sexy and not to the point where he was trying.  He was just enough.

"Good." He cleared his throat and the waiter came.

I ordered my drink, along with a red velvet muffin and we sat, staring at each other.

"This is awkward." I said pushing my hair behind my ear

"I'm sorry, it's just- I don't know."

"How have you been?" I asked him not making much eye contact.  Under his watch I felt like a piece of art. Like I had to be still and perfect.

He nodded. "I'm good."

"And your health?" I asked him.

I never stopped caring about Reginald's wellbeing and I won't ever. Even though he hates the conversation, I love him so much and the last thing I want or need is for him to be sick or worse.

"It's getting there." He said and I nodded.

"Good. I need you to take care of yourself."

"We both know I don't do too well of a job at that."

"Well you need to." I said

"I need you." He said and after a moment of silence. "You're the only person that knows what I need. You are what I need and I don't want anything else but you." He said.

I sighed. "It's always the same thing with you.  We were doing good and you just-you left me." I said with tears in my eyes. "And you don't know what that did to me. So I can't just take you back for no reason. I need answers. Why?" I asked him.

"I got sick again Taya." He sighed. "And I couldn't have you seeing me like that. Not when everything was going right for you. Your clothing line, your store, and styling overall. How was-how was I as a man gonna tell you that I couldn't be there for you because I was sick?" He asked.

"Easily, you could have told me." I said a little chocked up

"And have you throw all your hard work away? We both know you would have stayed. You would have been the one to help me out, and get me right back on track and as much as I wanted that I couldn't think about me. I had to think about you and what you needed." He said. "And now I have to put up with that. I have to live with you possibly not wanting anymore to do with me romantically but I still stand by my decision because you're great just like I knew you would be."

"I could have done it while standing at your side." I sighed.

"Baby I couldn't ask you for that-"

"Well then you don't wanna be with me. You can't be with parts of me. You must love me- the whole of me and be willing to let me do the same." I said. I had to take a deep breath. "It's not a secret that I love you and with this love that's flowing through me I wanna love you unconditionally but I can't do that until you give me all of you." I explained to him.

"I need you by my side- if I must be vulnerable I'll be vulnerable if I gotta take you out more and hell even take you to the doctors with me I will it's far more worse being heartbroken then being sick on any day." He said and grabbed my hands.

"Let's work on that." I said nodding my head. I wanted for Reginald to mean what he was saying, listening to false hopes had gotten far too tiresome and I want and need more.

Reginald got a phone call, just as he was about to say something to me and when he hung up he sighed.

"I have to go to work but here's money for the bill."

I twisted my face up. "No, order your food." I told him not thinking twice. "Knowing you, you haven't eaten all day and if we are gonna be together I need you to be doing what you're supposed to be doing for your body- I don't want anything to happen to you." I rubbed his hand.

He nodded, picking up my hand and kissing it. He made another phone call telling whoever was on the other end how to fix the problem before he settled on me.

Today was good, but it's a start.