2

Eileen was Slytherin through and through. Brought up in a house full of dark, ancient and strong magic, she grew up with a sense of superiority. She was passionate and brilliant. She had all the men she would ever want at her feet. She knew her beauty and power was brighter than the sun, she knew it attracted flies, thus all she could do was to shut the light down when a marriage proposal was presented to her parents. Fleamont Charlus Potter was not bad looking, he was charming and kind, looking back, she would have gladly accepted him if he was her choice, not her parents'. 

Being forced into a marriage by her parents, without even asking for her opinion enraged her. Wonders happen inside a teenage mind. She ran away. Everything was going smooth until she fell in love with Tobias Snape. He was the son of the priest. Tobias was handsome, Strawberry blonde hair, brown eyes, he was everything a girl of her time would want. Tobias felt the same until her identity as a witch came out. Have you ever wondered why the word witch was used as a slur? Eileen understood it from the few slaps she got. She promised to stop her sins and devote her life to the church. Its beautiful and pathetic. It crumbled a powerful woman into a pretty doll.

Years passed, they got married. Tobias became the priest while Eileen became the good stay-in-wife that everyone adored. Octavius Snape was born on 4th August. Tobias adored the child. He would often take him to the  masses and let the village kids keep him company. He would beam with pride as he listened  to the jealous ramblings of other woman. Of course it came to an end. Accidental magic came as curse to their peaceful life. Eileen watched in silence as her husband discarded the child in the sewer and played the role of broken father when the news of a child killed by wild dogs was heard. Octavius Snape became the past.

But Severus had been different. He unlike Octavius was born with submissiveness. While Octavius hid dominance behind his black orbs, Severus' eyes swelled with innocence. Tobias was adamant to keep the boy with him, he was a gifted child, or so he claimed. Tobias remained ignorant to his wife's strong roots.  Tobias was not a bad husband. He had never hurt her except a few slaps at the beginning. So she didn't find a reason to stop him from beating the magic out of her second child, not if it made him happy. She stepped aside, like she did with her first son. 

Looking at his brother, younger by two years, Octavius understood why their father had kept him. The submissiveness was evident in those huge black eyes. They were so different from his. He felt the magic rolling off his brother. It was curious, like a kitten, it encircled him, it was considerably warm. He lowered his wand, leaving his mother to tend to his unconscious father.  Severus made no attempt to move, his magic although hesitant, didn't resist him. 

"Hello" Octavius said with a small smile adorning his features.

He could see the dilemma across the innocent face. Severus chose to remain silent, waiting for the stranger to make the next move. 

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

The Tale of Two Brothers.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें