16

A/N  I forgot to update, in my mind I thought I had already updated my drafts. Sorry for the delay.

Tom Riddle stood by the door, wand held lazily in his hand. The teen, although only a year older than the others inside the room, had the bearings of an adult. Sirius shot up from the ground and made a beeline to the bed. Oh, the number of warning bells sounding inside him. One look at those murky brown eyes had all of their flight instincts light up like a unicorn's horn.

The other Slytherins weren't any better.

Tom raised a single eyebrow (why does this maniac have such beautifully arched eyebrows; Sirius wasn't envious. Girls had no time to concentrate on guys' eyebrows, he was sure), he couldn't care less about some childish rivalry. Rudolpus, who was standing behind Riddle, pushed himself forward. Clearing his throat awkwardly- "Lupin!, earlier I was talking about Lupin" He kept his eyes firmly on the bed, but it took all his effort to not let his speech waver. Tom simply hummed. He draped his school robes over the chair and strode over to the bed. 

Once he was close enough, the smell of an unmated Omega in heat hit him at full force. His alpha counterpart was perturbed by the lack of vulnerability usually associated with an unmated Omega. It was an overpowering, addicting aroma of spices. Usually Omegas had scents like those of flowers, fruits, something that gives you a breath of fresh air. But this one, it floods your senses until all you know is him. 

The remaining students exchanged glances at the surprised look on Riddle's face.  Realising his persona slipping, he broke out the  control the scent had on him  for a moment, Tom breathed through his mouth and moved forward at which point the scent began stinging him, he could physically feel something pushing him away. He looked around to see if the others were facing the same situation. Sirius and Rabastan were both standing a bit too close for them to not feel this slightly painful push. But they didn't look anything out of the ordinary. Rudolpus on the other hand was standing as far as possible. 

"He attacked you?" 

Rudolpus shrugged his shoulders. "Rabstan had to hold him back, he went feral, red eyes and all that"  Sirius sighed, he felt the anxiety curling under his skin. Remus was the last person to deserve whatever this was, he was always soft spoken, respectable and modest. He could see the errors in both his and James' way of life, but not Remus. Remus was the good one. This was so unfair.  He let his hands comb slowly through Remus' walnut coloured hair. 

Rabastan glared at Sirius, the gentle way in which his fingers glided through those smooth locks with a level of familiarity, made him uncomfortable and furious. Sensing the sudden influx of  bitterness into the surrounding made Sirius look up, instantly meeting Rabstans glare. Sirius stilled his movements but did not retrieve his hands. Remus was his friend, it will be over his dead body another Alpha claims any level of ownership over his friend. Rudolpus ground his teeth and moved as silently as possible towards Rabastan. He didn't want to disturb Riddle, no delusions of staying alive to watch the end result. A quick jab on Rabstan' s side broke the glaring match, but the tension remained. Increasing two folds now that Rudolpus was getting cross.

The air inside the room was becoming a raging storm, filled with too many pheromones. The negative emotions churning around him did little to Tom, he was used to this. Living through a war,.surrounded by hunger and desperation, positive emotions were rarer than acromantula venom.  But the probability of the alarming amount of pheromones causing disquietude in Remus was quite high. 

Tom stood up, letting his own scent into the room causing all others to stop. If he said that didn't give him any kind of satisfaction, he would be lying. The kind of effect he had on these kids, he was going to be an amazing dark lord and he knew it. "If this is the only contribution you are capable of providing, suggest you leave both of us alone."

"And leave him with a psychopath like you, no way in hell". The sinister smile that spread on Riddle's face had Sirius rethinking his entire life decisions in three and half seconds. Probably this is going to be that last time anybody is going to see me-he thought. They won't even find my body"

Tom stood beside Remus, checking his pulse, but gaze fixed on Sirius. "Being arrogant is one thing, being stupid is another. I underestimated you Black, such a shame to have a retard as the heir, I sympathise with Mrs.Black. Choose your words wisely, people sometimes won't like hearing the truth and I am not above it"

Time passed. The three teens realised that their life was not worth butting heads with Riddle. They let him do his job without any interference. By the next hour, roots were going to get out of them with how still they are being. Classes were probably going on  now, James would have made some kind of excuse for them. 

Tom abruptly stood up.

"Find Octavius"

A/N
Next update will be after this chapter reach 10 stars.  So all my kind readers put there excited to know why Ocatvius is needed- do give a beautiful little star.

Ta