4

Arriving at Hogwarts felt so different for Severus. Last year, his very first train ride was ruined. Can you believe that? A group of eleven years mocking another eleven year for his intelligence and passion. Severus grimaced at the thought of Lily. She was a good girl but not a good person. They are two things. She was the type to not have any black blemishes in her book and Severus had been that sour spot. Can't blame her.

Severus shuffled closer to Octavius. The summer was the best time of his entire life. He changed his last name to Prince which was his mother's maiden name and left for England with his brother. Octavius had shown him enough love to last a life time. It seemed like his brother worked some sort of part time job. He would leave very night and return back at dawn. Severus also enjoyed hearing about Durmstrang from his brother. Octavius had even taken him to meet his friends. Severus was a little intimidated by the big boys his brother called as friends, they teased him all the time,  it was fun though. 

He was very grateful to his brother, his traumatic past had seemed way behind. But standing in the grounds once again, he felt nausea running through his veins. He knew that the marauders were just waiting for their chance to prank him, honestly he didn't want Octavius see the humiliation they put him through.  His brother had wrapped his arm around him, bringing him closer as he took in the beauty of Hogwarts. Severus closed his eyes and took deep breaths as they got out of the train.

He walked behind Octavius, his head hung low, trying to attract less attention as possible. The new robes suddenly felt like a weight on his body, nobody minded him when he wore second hand robes. But these new ones? Even if others didn't notice it,  he was sure one blonde haired git would notice it. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Severus froze as two older students joined his sides. From the smell of expensive Cologne, he had a sharp idea who they were. Lucius Malfoy and Evan Rosier were the top dogs in Slytherin. They were referred to as the Nobles.. Everybody obeyed them or faced the consequences of not doing so.

"Snape. We would like to talk to you. Join us on third floor before the sorting begins." Evan Rosier whispered in his ear. Rosier was that mysterious brooding boy every girls fell in love with. Something about the way in which he spoke to him always ticked him off. He still remember the first time he met the older boy. Evan Rosier was standing  on the side with his hands in his robe pockets as Lucius Malfoy  drawled on and on about the reputation and glorious past of the house. Severus was already tired, he may or may not have closed his eyes for a minute or two. Malfoy had made sure to humiliate him in front of every one for that. But Rosier had looked at him with interest, he had a very amused smirk on his face, which spooked Severus.

Severus yelped as he was suddenly pulled back ."I am sorry, Severus will not be joining anyone on the third floor. He needs to present in the great hall for the sorting". Octavius was standing in front of him, his tall frame already hiding Severus. Malfoy looked unimpressed while Rosier had narrowed his eyes at him.

"What is  happening over there Lucius?"