6

Once up on a time, in a land of mighty kings and warriors, there was a young prince. Everyone loved him, he had many friends. One day his eyes fell up on girl. She was washing dresses in the small stream that flowed through the middle of the forest. They young prince continued to watch her as she worked. He came back everyday to watch her wash her dresses and pick wild berries. Like every other day he was watching the young girl when a group of rowdy boys appeared. They started saying mean things to her, and listen James, you should never say any mean things to others okay - said Euphimea to a three year old boy.

James gave a frantic nod and urged her to continue. The prince, so brave and strong jumped out of the bushes and saved the girl. He sent everyone of them to the prison. The people cheered him for being  so brave and strong, they bowed in respect. Soon the prince became the king everyone loved. 

"What happened to the girl?" Euphemia looked thoughtful for a moment. 

"The girl fell in love with him because he protected her. They got married and had kids and lived happily ever after." She smiled as the Hazel eyes widened. "Mommy, if i save a girl, will i get married to her too?" Euphemia chuckled and pressed a small kiss on her son's forehead. 

"Sure sweaty"

Mr and Mrs Potter was entering their late forties when James Potter came to their life. Out were all chances of another child, they cherished their late miracle, gave him everything, brought him up like a prince. Now, Euphemia was not that good at stories, bravery and chivalry were her strong attributes, not creativity and imagination. Every stories she ever told her child had brave prince saving a damsel in distress and securing a wonderful family life. She never considered the fact these stories were only building a complex inside her little kid.

James truly believed in prince charming ,dragons ,princess and stuff like that.  As he grew up these ideas were pushed back but ready to resurface when the time came. And it exactly happened at the train station during their first year. A boy, a first year like them, James was damn sure that he was a submissive. Never in his entire life had he seen a person so alluring, so powerful but like a lamb. There was this strange air around the boy as he looked around trying to fit in, muggleborn, he concluded. That made things easier, the princess always fell in love with the man who helped her in times of need. 

Too bad Severus Snape was not a princess.

James lost the boy in the crowd but promised himself that he would find him on the way. And he did, the boy was sharing an apartment with a a girl with flaming red hair. She immediately made place for him and his friends, smiling cheerfully and enthusiastically engaging in conversations. But the boy did not even spare them a glance. He took out a book and started reading, curling himself into a ball next to the window. 

James was having non of that. He was adamant on hearing the beautiful boy's voice. So he asked about Hogwarts Houses. A grave mistake, Severus laid out his interest in Slytherin house as he thought he had all the qualities of the house. James' brain had been in a muddle for a brief moment because of the mesmerizing smile on the young boy's face, but quickly got out the stupor.

Probably it was too much to call him Snivellous and comment on the tattered clothes and greasy hair. The bully never got the princess.  But James was blinded with disgust, Sirius adding his own mocking words at Severus didn't help either. Only after sorting had he realized that if he had done better he might have persuaded him to join Gryffindor. He wanted to bang his head on the table then. Severus had been sorted to Slytherin and he had looked at him and his friends with pure disgust. 

The days following, James had tried to talk to the submissive, failing miserably. Every time he got close to the snake there was this one Slytherin boy with straw berry blonde hair looking at him with a dangerous glint in his eyes. James never learnt his name, not until he saw Severus profusely blushing in his presence. He was obsessed with the the deep coloring of Severus' cheeks when he blushed. Humiliation could  make him blush too.

Well sometimes the princess did fall in love with the prince who always teased her.

The sorting this year was not fun either. Was the boy into older boys. First year it was the blonde psychopath, this year some new boy. He could see that Evan Rosier was not happy with this either. He glared one more time at the resident psychopath of Slytherin and left the hall with Remus and Sirius following close behind. 

It was close to midnight when he decided to peek a look at his map. His hand itched to reach out for the wand beneath his pillow as he watched two dots in the Slytherin common room.

Octavius Prince&Severus

Too bad he didn't notice Severus' new last name.