Chapter 5

Laura's POV

"I'm home" I called out to my Mum.
"Where have you been? I was about to call the police to report you missing!"
Oh, this always happens... She always has bad short term memory on this day and she gets a bit temperamental... " Mum, I told you I was coming home late tonight. I told you this morning... Do you remember?" I let her know carefully.
"Oh ok... Well... Don't do it again, I was worried," mum started sniffling and reached quickly for her tissues that she always kept in her pocket.
"Ok mum, I will make sure that I tell you if I'm going to be late again. is the pizza here yet?" Oh. She always does this and it's starting to get really annoying... Doesn't she know that she's not the only one suffering? She may have lost her true love but I lost my father, my hero, my king, my joker, half of my flipping heart... I just hope that she has already ordered the pizza because I don't really feel like "expressing my feelings" with her....
"Yes. It's on the kitchen table ready for you. I'm going to be in my room if you need me." She doesn't even finish the sentence before she begins turning and slowly walking towards her room.
"Well that got rid of her quickly..." I quietly mutter to myself. Usually she wants to sit down with me for dinner and she just sits there crying and I just watch until I start crying too. Yep, that's what I call quality family time. At least tonight she is voluntarily going to her room. I grabbed the pizza and headed to my room.

My clock read 10:28pm. I'd been sitting in my room eating pizza and crying for the past like 3 hours. I know it's probably not the best way to spend my time but I had been pretty much holding it all in for a whole year. I try to stay happy and positive all year and September 11 every year is the only day I give in to myself and cry. I remember all the things Dad and I did together and all the things we could've done together. I remember seeing those towers fall and not knowing if he made it out. But one thing that always gets me is the memory of a little boy. A little boy with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes. A little boy that looked a lot like that boy I met today. What was his name? Oh yeah Ross... Oh... he had the most perfect eyes.. And his muscles were to die for... Snap out of it Laura! He probably has a girlfriend! You will probably never see him again. Just forget about him. Even if he was nice to you... And promised to see you again... No stop it! Ugh it's useless I have nothing to do and now I'm resorting to crushing over a boy I just met... 10:46pm. Really?! Ugh may as well try and get a long sleep... I have nothing better to do.