Chapter 1

Laura's POV

I'm so excited to see Daddy! I haven't seen him all day and I need to tell him all about the drawing I made of us. In the picture Daddy is pushing me on the swing and I am going really high, I am wearing a
"Laura! Watch out!" Mummy's words click me back into reality. I look around and quickly realise that I am standing in the middle of the road. "Laura! Come off of the road before you get hit!" my mother's desperate cries reach me just as I hear a low rumbling. I look up to see Mummy staring at the sky, I follow her gaze up and see a plane. I know something is wrong because I got fairies in my tummy just as I realised how low the planes were. I follow the plane to see where it is going. Just as I realise where it is going the fairies decide to have a speed race in my tummy. Before I can think about anything else there is a big bang. Suddenly everything smelt like smoke and I looked around to see people everywhere; I traced all of their gazes back to Daddy's work and all I could see was black. I started to hear the quiet crackling of the orange and red. I screamed
"Daddy!" but before I could get any closer Mummy grabbed my waist. By now my tears were smeared all over my face; I just wanted to find Daddy and make sure he was okay.
"Daddy!! Daddy!!" I squeal, "Why won't you let me go to him? I have to make sure he is safe! How could you?" I screamed at my mum.
"Shhh! It's ok. Calm down; Daddy will be fine," she stroked my hair as I sobbed into her chest. I could feel her tears showering my hair. Just as I slowly started to lift my head I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Before I knew it the crackling became twice as loud and there was another plane sticking out of the building.
"No! Daddy!" I sobbed. I couldn't take it anymore; I thrashed at Mummy and tried to get out of her arms. I needed Daddy! How could Mummy keep me away from him? I tried and tried but Mummy was too strong for me. I was know looking helplessly at Daddy's work, there was nothing that I could do. Everywhere there were puddles and above them were people holding on to each other. Suddenly someone screamed.
"No!! They're jumping!" I quickly looked up to see hands waving white sheets before bodies began falling out of the building. I couldn't stand it, what if one of them was Daddy?
"Laura, come on. Let's go home." Mummy said calmly through sobs. She started to drag me away from the buildings and the people. I closed my eyes unable to watch anymore, I gave in and let my mum take me away from the site. I turned around to see a boy with brown eyes covered in black sitting on the floor. He just looked at me with those chocolate brown eyes. I wondered why but was interrupted by Mummy taking me around the corner. I couldn't do anything anymore. I just stayed there in Mummy's arms and cried. I cried and cried until I fell asleep.