1.13

Tony was flying to the Stark Tower in his suit when Jarvis spoke up.

"Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor but the device is already self-sustaining."

Tony flew above Dr. Selvig and hovered there. "Shut it down, Dr. Selvig."

Selvig turned around and looked up at Tony with his eclectic blue eyes. "It's too late!" Selvig turned and looked at the Tesseract in awe. "She can't stop now. She wants to show us something. A new universe."

Tony was over the whole thing quickly. "Okay." He powered up his suit and blasted at the Machine.

"That wasn't smart." Audrey said."

"Yeah, I know that now." Tony sassed.

Before the blast could touch the Tesseract, a force field surrounded it. The blast bounced off and threw Tony and Selvig back. Tony flipped in the air over and over before finding his balance.

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable." Jarvis informed him.

"Yeah, I got that." Tony replied snarkily.

Tony looked away from the unconscious Doctor and the Tesseract. He flew closer to his landing strip and saw a smirking Loki.

"Smug bas-"

Steve cleared his throat.

Tony just glared at him, but remained quiet.

"Plan B." Tony said to Jarvis.

"Sir, the mark 7 is not ready for deployment." Jarvis warned him.

"Then skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." Tony demanded.

"You weren't serious were you?" Peter asked his future mentor.

"He was most likely completely serious." Natasha said.

"Tony Stark does everything in a fashionable manner." Rose defended her honorary brother.

Steve scoffed. "Fashionable."

"You don't wanna go there, capsicle." Tony sassed.

Tony flew down to his landing strip and allowed his devices to begin taking his suit off. Loki and Tony made eye contact while his suit was coming off piece by piece. Loki was following his lead and heading inside the building through a different route.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki said mockingly.

Tony watched him as he walked slowly into the building. "Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"What! You never told me about this. Are you crazy?" Rose's eyes bulged out of her head as she looked at Tony.

Tony smiled sheepishly at the woman he saw as a little sister.

Loki chuckled in amusement. "You should have left your armor on for that." he said as he walked closer.

"For once I agree with Lola."

"Loki." Thor corrected.

"I know his name." Rose snapped.

"I had it under control." Tony attempted to soothe her.

"We talked about you walking into dangerous situations for literally no reason at all." She hissed.

"After, this entire thing took place." Tony pointed at the screen.