2.5

An overhead view of the city was shown on screen.

"Activating communications encryption protocol." A computerized voice was heard.

Fury was driving in a black Tahoe.

"Open secure line 0405." Fury said.

"Confirmed." The computer told him.

Bucky shifted in his seat a little. He let go of Sonya's hand when he realized he was clutching it a little too hard. The metal one was clenched a little tighter than the flesh hand.

Sonya smiled at him softly and patted him on the knee.

"This is Hill."

A photo of Maria Hill's face popped up as a projection on the left corner of the windshield.

"Technology is bloody amazing." Sirius looked at the screen in wonder.

"No owls." Marlene practically drooled at the thought of quick communication.

"I need you here in D.C. Deep shadow conditions." Fury informed her.

A moment went by before she replied. "Give me four hours."

"You have three. Over."

"Kind of rude, but alright." Rose shrugged.

Fury pulled up to a red light.

A cop car pulled up on the right of him.

Fury was looking around at his surroundings. He did a double take when he saw the cop that was driving staring at him. The other cop was speaking into his radio before he stopped and looked over into the Tahoe as well.

"Want to see my lease?" Fury asked sarcastically.

"That is a reference to the unfair treatment of black americans. Many think we're not good or civil enough to get good jobs and BUY good cars. We are either suspected of stealing it or doing something unsavory to get the money for it." Sonya elaborated on the comment.

The cop in the driver's seat turned the siren on before pulling off. Fury thought nothing of it and pulled off as well. He didn't get far, because another cop car came fast from the left and hit his vehicle. The impact caused his airbag to deploy.

"Woah!"

"That's not good."

"That's gonna hurt."

The Tahoe slid over towards the curve and stopped as if he'd parked there himself. Not even a second later, the first cop car backed up and slammed the bumper into the car. Another squad car sped up and slammed into the vehicle from behind.

Inside the car, the computer assessed the damage of the entire situation. The place where Maria's image once occupied was now an x-ray image with a bright red dot on the right arm.

"Fracture Detected." The computer informed Fury.

Fury's head bobbed back and forth as he tried to find his faculties.

The police car that crashed into his left side, pulled back to make way for the sudden SWAT car that showed up.

Back in the car, Fury was more conscious than before.

"Recommend anesthetic injection." The car spoke.

Fury reached for the medicine.

Outside, armed men in SWAT attire hopped out of their vehicle with firearms.