Flashback (3)

[Name] was around 11 years old when they started going on more dangerous adventures. One of those adventures was to a temple, far from beacon town. On the outside, it looked like a regular sand temple. On the inside it looked like a underground mansion.

Being the curious eleven year old [Name] was, they decided to explore it. It looked abandoned. The farther [Name] went, the more dark and creepy it got.

Eventually, [Name] found themselves in a room that had targets in it. There was also a pressure plate in the middle of the room. When they stepped on the pressure plate, a voice came out of nowhere.

"Hello competitor! Welcome to the practice round. I would like to see if you have what it takes to complete the challenges that follow this one! Just watch out for falling blocks." A disoriented voice said.

When [Name] looked up, there was sand and gravel on the roof. They grabbed their bow and some arrows and started shooting the targets. Then, a noise startled them. They looked up, and saw a piece of sand fall. [Name] moved just in time.

This went on for about ten more minutes. After it was over, the voice startled [Name] again.

"Good job competitor! Your next challenge, is to hit the targets again. Although, there are some you cannot hit."

A check mark appeared when monsters showed up, while an x appeared when villagers appeared. The challenge then begun. [Name] accidentally hit a villager, so a arrow was shot at them in the shoulder. It surprisingly didn't hurt as much as when they were shot by Aiden.

[Name] pulled the arrow out, and continued. Their shoulder hurt the whole time. After the fifth round, it ended.

A snowman appeared in front of [Name], and they were taken aback.

"Hello there! It seems you have completed this challenge quite easily. So, I have made some harder ones for you! Follow me!" The snowman said as it walked out the room.

The snowman led [Name] to an arena. [Name] was spectacle about following the snowman at first, since it wasn't something they had seen before.

"Excuse me? I didn't get your name..." [Name] said quietly.

"Oh me? I'm just your friendly neighborhood admin!" It said.

"Admin?!"

"Yup! Anyways, let's start the next challenge!" The admin said as he disappeared.

The exit was blocked off, and two iron golems spawned with creepers behind them. [Name] took out the creepers first (while dodging the iron golems) and then moved onto kill the golems. When it was over, [Name] drank a healing potion.

What they didn't know, was that the admin had spawned more monsters.

"Round two of fifteen." He said.

[Name] barley survived the second round, so they decided to use more potions. They threw a poison potion at the monsters, and drank a regeneration potion. After all the rounds were finished, the admin decided he was done with the kid.

"We'll done there! Since you didn't die and survived all rounds, I have a gift for you!" The admin said.

"You try to kill me, then want to give me a gift? What kind of logic is that?!" [Name] asked.

The snowman appeared at the exit, and led [Name] to a room. In the room, a person with gray skin and red hair stood there. He also had red eyes.

"Hello [Name]! I didn't expect someone so young to complete these challenges I made, so I would like to give you a reward." The admin said.

He flew over to a chest ([Name] was confused about that) and grabbed something out of it.

"Wait, wait. How do you know my name?!" [Name] asked.

"I know everything."

The admin flew over to [Name], and handed something over to them. It was a totem of undying.

"Wait... WHAT?!" [Name] exclaimed. There were only a few in the world.

"Have fun with that [Name]..." The admin said as he teleported them to their room.

It was now the afternoon. Luckily, it wasn't night. Plus Lucas wasn't home yet. [Name] put the totem in their inventory, and decided to see if they had any injuries. (They didn't)

That day felt like a dream to [Name], even though it wasn't.

'That admin guy is weird. He almost killed me!' [Name] thought.

They decided to go into beacon town to find someone who might know about it. Eventually, they were appointed to a guy named Jack.

"You... you met the admin?!" Jack asked.

[Name] had told him about the whole thing. They even showed him the totem.

"Yeah. I almost died." [Name] said.

Jack had them show him the temple on his map. He then made a mental note to never go there.

"Make sure you don't go there again, kid. The admin is... very dangerous." Jack told [Name].

"Fine..."

Jack was now more wary of the admin. Nurm was listening in the other room as well.

After that, [Name] left to go back to their house and sleep.