IX. black veins

CHAPTER NINE
BLACK VEINS

valencia rested her head on liam's lap, letting her eyes close shut gently but she managed to just about stay conscious. she tried her best not to listen to the two sophomore's quiet whispers but every now and then found herself being nosy.

liam stroked valencia's cheek gently with his thumb, putting a strand of silky brunette hair behind her ear. hayden and liam were both leaning against the cold, hard concrete wall uncomfortably.

to say that the three teenagers were exhausted and in pain, would be an understatement.

valencia still had a hand placed against the left side of her stomach where the deeper wound was, she wasn't healing at all which all three of them could already tell but nobody said anything.

to valencia, time was moving as slow as ever. she wondered if the pack would come and find them, if someone would run through the gate of the cave and rescue them. but so far, nothing.

valencia was beginning to lose hope. and that's when the regret began to rise in her. she hadn't spoken to stiles since their argument. she began to question herself.

maybe she should've forgave him.

he never apologised.

maybe she should've been the bigger person and talk to him.

she was scared to lose him.

maybe she shouldn't have been so stubborn to go to him first.

he really hurt her.

but then again, stiles said something that lingered on valencia's mind. the words racing through her mind. out of all people, valencia never thought stiles stilinski would be the one to use her own childhood trauma against her.

valencia's eyes shot open when she heard electricity buzzing not too far away from the metal gate. the girl found herself tried to make her way up onto her two feet but she winced in pain at the failed attempt.

hayden pushed herself to stand up with liam's help, clutching her wound. liam crouched onto his knees just so he could be in the middle of the two girls, holding onto both of them protectively. liam grabbed hayden's hand in his own, having his other hand calmingly on valencia's shoulder.

valencia's eyes widened in both relief and shock when she saw a familiar figure striding towards them. the girl let out a quiet sigh, tilting her head back. it felt like all the doubt that she had before was being lifted off her shoulders.

"valencia?" theo called out, hoping that the girl would be in the cave. "liam, hayden!" theo ran forward, seeing the three teenagers, his eyes landing on an injured valencia.

"theo wait, don't!" valencia yelled, groaning in pain when her wounds sent a shocking pain through her body. it was too late, theo ran forward to push open the metal gate but instead, electricity struck through his body, sending him flying backwards.

valencia covered her eyes from the bright light suddenly filling the entire dark cave. valencia heard a thump as theo's body hit the hard ground but she didn't look, she waited for someone to speak, for someone to move.

hayden and valencia stayed out while liam walked over to the metal gate and looked through at the raeken boy lying on the ground. theo gained his consciousness back, opening his eyes and groaning slightly.

"theo, theo? theo, are you alright?" liam called out just as theo began to sit up, holding his head and wincing in pain.

"yeah." theo muttered to the dunbar on the other side of the gate.