XXIX. the cage

TWENTY NINE
THE CAGE

valencia could hear a low growl be let out from the ghost rider and she sucked in a heavy breath. right as the ghost rider took a step forward, valencia shot forwards, hearing the spurs clinking when the ghost rider began to run.

valencia ran from one room to the other, quickly followed by the ghost rider. making it through the gate, liam and hayden slammed it shut behind her, locking it so the ghost rider could no longer pass through.

the ghost rider spun around, hearing footsteps from elsewhere. scott ran forward and attempted to close the gate. the gate wouldn't budge and scott yelled, trying to get it to budge. the ghost rider ran forward and grabbed a hold of the open gate.

scott pulled harder but still no progress was made. theo sprinted in and joined scott's side, pulling as hard as he could to shut the gate. both boys started to grunt and the ghost rider stuck his hand out. his hand grabbed theo's shoulder, attempting to pull him through the gate which was nearly shut.

valencia pushed herself away from the gate and ran as quick as possible to scott and theo. "keep closing it!" theo yelled at scott who pushed harder. valencia grabbed theo's hand and he held on tightly as she tried to pull him out of the ghost riders grip.

valencia could hear the horrific sound of theo's bones crunching in the gate and he let out yells of pain. valencia finally pulled hard enough, making the ghost riders grip on theo loosen. she took the opportunity to pull him away and get him away from the gate.

valencia pushed theo behind her, watching the alpha yell out and successfully manage to close the gate and lock the ghost rider in. mason ran across the front of the metal cage, spreading out a long line of mountain ash.

"go, go!" scott yelled at mason who charged out the door after completing his job to lay out the line of mountain ash.

valencia continued to stand in front of theo protectively, out of instinct. the thunder continued to rumble outside and valencia panted heavily. nobody spoke a word, everyone just continued to breath heavily and wait for the ghost rider to make a move.

the ghost rider lifted its arm up, causing electrify to crackle on their side of the gate. electricity sparked around the cage and valencia looked around at the rest of her friends.

slowly, the ghost riders hand dropped down to its side. valencia breathed out heavily, "it worked."

"we did it." liam breathed out, catching his breath again.

"yeah, we did." scott nodded his head. hayden smiled over at valencia who returned the action. but their smiled were soon cut short when the ghost rider lifted its arms up in the air again.

the cage lit up with electricity again and for a moment everyone stood, as if waiting for something to happen. but they didn't know what was coming. the electricity crackled, the thunder rumbled. then it all stopped.

"now, what do we do?" theo turned to scott with furrowed eyebrows, valencia slightly stepped away from him and over to scott and liam, not realising she had been protecting him out of habit.

"we try and talk to him," scott answered the raeken, gazing directly at the ghost rider in the cage.

"mr. ghost rider?" liam called out to the ghost rider, taking a small step forwards. liam cleared his throat and valencia gave him a confused look to what he was doing. "mr. rider?" scott looked at valencia, tilting his head and valencia shrugged. "we'll let you out, if you tell us how to get our friends back."

no reply.

"everyone. we want everyone back." scott stepped forwards so he was stood directly next to liam.