XLI. george

CHAPTER FOURTY ONE
GEORGE

after spending all morning and afternoon convincing her friends she was very ill, valencia pulled up to an unknown house just outside of beacon hills. valencia looked down at the piece of paper on her hands, reading over the address.

valencia lifted her head and read the sign saying the same address, she let a sigh roll off her lips. valencia fixed her lip gloss in the mirror before jumping out of her car and closing the door behind her. valencia approached the doorstep of the house, lifting her house to knock.

she hesitantly hit her fist off the door multiple times and took a step back, waiting for somebody to answer. valencia waited for a moment, not seeing any movement from the windows. just as she was about to walk away, the door creaked open, revealing an old man who squinted his eyes at valencia.

"um, hi. i'm valencia malin." valencia greeted and the man stopped squinting his eyes, a welcoming smile falling onto his face. valencia copied the action, smiling back at him nicely.

"my, my." the man's croaky voice spoke for the first time. "you look exactly like your mother did at your age."

"you knew my mother?" valencia asked, holding her hands infront of her stomach. valencia had no idea who the man was or where she was, but her mother had sent her to the house so it must have been something important for valencia to know.

"ah, yes. very well indeed." the man opened the door widely, revealing a large hallway with old decorations hung up on the walls. "how rude of me. do come in, valencia." the man offered and valencia pressed her lips into a thin line, stepping through the doorway with a sweet smile expression.

the man led valencia into his living room which connected into his kitchen by a large, open frame. the man gestured for valencia to take a seat, which she did.

"would you like something to drink, a coffee or tea maybe?" the man asked, moving himself into the open kitchen. "you're eighteen right?
i can fetch you a glass of pink gin." the man offered to her.

"gin sounds fantastic." valencia nodded her head. she assumed she would be in the house for a long time, talking to the old man. she needed something strong to prepare herself for the chat ahead of her.

"you really are your mothers daughter." the man chuckled, grabbing two glasses for him and the young girl. the man poured two drinks before he made his way back to valencia and handed her a glass. valencia thanked him, waiting for him to sit down on the small chair opposite her. "i'm assuming cynthia came to see you?" he asked.

"well... um." valencia stuttered, not knowing how to explain the story. did he know about the supernatural?

"i know everything, dear. your mother was my beta a very long time ago." he informed valencia who nodded her head with furrowed eyebrows. valencia took a sip of her drink and then placed it down on the table infront of her. "i see her too, you know. every day she comes and sees me."

"i only started getting these... things a couple nights ago. i haven't told anyone." valencia wasn't sure how to describe it. "i don't remember my mother. i was three when she died and anything before that age i don't remember. what was she like?"

"your mother was a very intelligent young woman." the old man started. "very intelligent indeed. she was always thinking of others, putting them before herself. that's what got her killed."

valencia nodded her head understandingly. "my mother gave me your address." valencia held out the piece of paper, handing it over to him. "she told me that i had to find you immediately and that big things were coming my way?" valencia questioned. the man nodded his head.