XXXIV. letter

CHAPTER THRIRTY FOUR
LETTER

"have a great summer, everyone!" the teacher yelled from the front of the classroom. immediately everyone began to stand up, pulling out from their desks and swinging their bags over their backs.

"no." stiles shook his head in denial. valencia leaned over her desk with a grin, letting a relieved sigh fall from her lips. she had been waiting for this day to come since forever. she's been counting down the days that she would finish school.

"to the seniors, i'll see you at graduation." the teacher smiled happily, proud of his students for managing to get through senior year.

"no, no, no, no." stiles shook his head vigorously. "that's it? what?" stiles asked, turning around to his friends. meanwhile, valencia reached across, fist-bumping isaac on one side, and zoey on the other side.

valencia turned around to fist-bump stiles, only to receive a death glare. valencia held her hands up in defence to the boy. "stiles, think about it this way. we are now moving onto a new chapter of our lives." valencia told her brother happily. stiles continued to stare daggers into her soul.

"i think you're making it worse." isaac whispered over to valencia who rolled her eyes and continued to have a mini-celebration in her head.

"last day ever." scott grinned over at stiles, leaning off his chair in excitement. malia forced a smile, knowing that she still had to go to school over the summer in order to go to graduation. so her summer would be spent on homework and studying.

"well, it just feels so anti-climactic." stiles furrowed his eyebrows at his friends. valencia understood why stiles felt the way he did. he had his whole senior year planned out, just to miss most of it.

"well, there's the whole graduation thing." lydia tried her best to reassure stiles. valencia hummed in agreement, tossing a sweet into her mouth.

"i've got to go to summer school or i can't do the whole graduation thing." malia looked around at her friends.

scott nodded his head, shooting up from his seat. "let's do it." everyone else stood up, minus stiles who continued to sit in denial. valencia was first out the door, ignoring the pleads from stiles. valencia made her way over to her locker, followed by scott. valencia said a quick goodbye to zoey and isaac who's lockers were nowhere near valencia's.

valencia opened her locker, beginning to empty it out. arms wrapped around valencia's waist and she smiled, immediately recognising who it was by their touch.

"hey, you." valencia grinned, holding some of her stuff in her hands. "did you have a good last day?" valencia asked as she turned around to face her boyfriend.

theo nodded his head, placing a long kiss to her lips. "i did. what about you?" theo asked and tucked a strand of hair behind valencia's ear.

"mm, it was alright. i haven't thought about it much but i'm really gonna miss everyone." valencia shrugged her shoulders. "everyone's going off to big places and i'm staying here in beacon hills."

"hey, at least you'll have me. and zoey." theo smiled down at valencia and she nodded her head, humming in agreement. theo placed a small kiss to her lips before backing up. "i'll call you later, alright?" valencia nodded before turning back to her locker and letting out a sigh.

"i can't believe we're not in high school anymore." scott said as him and stiles both began emptying their lockers on either side of valencia. "kind of feels like nothing's really changed." scott said, making valencia roll her eyes at the cringe she felt.

stiles looked to the side, causing both boys to go quiet. valencia followed their gaze, seeing the interaction going on between lydia and stiles. valencia smiled at the two before turning back to her locker.