XIV. he saved me

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
HE SAVED ME

it was valencia's first time leaving the lab and she was with theo and josh. theo had his arm around valencia's waist, pulling her close into his body.

the two were waiting for josh to exit the nightclub. valencia held her nails up infront of her, inspecting the state of them.

"i really need to do my nails." valencia spoke, hinting that theo should give her money to get a manicure. when theo did not take the hint valencia rolled her eyes obnoxiously.

valencia went to stand infront of theo but he tightened his grip on her waist, holding her in place beside him.

"calm down big boy, i was just going to stand infront of you." valencia smiled at his protectiveness as he hesitantly let go. valencia moved to stand directly infront of him. she placed her hands on his neck and stared into his hazel eyes to which he stared back into her green ones.

"i'm glad you chose to stay with us." theo muttered to the girl. what he really meant was, he was glad she was staying with him. valencia knew that was what he meant. "you made the right choice, val."

"i know i did." valencia smiled slightly, being completely honest with the boy infront of her. she could sense the presence of someone familiar hiding behind a car not too far away. that person being liam dunbar.

she chose to ignore him, as did theo but they both knew he was listening in on them. but they didn't really care at all.

before either of the pair could speak again, the door of the nightclub shot open and valencia turned her head to see josh walking down the steps.

valencia turned around fully when she realised it was him. theo placed his hands on her hips, pulling her back into him so that he was resting his head on hers.

"how much did you take, josh?" theo raeken asked the boy who approached the two of the chimeras.

"a lot." josh answered quickly, stopping once he got to theo and valencia. "and i don't feel a thing," josh's eyes flickered between the pair who were extremely close to one another and he wondered if they were dating or not.

"you won't. your body heals too fast." theo put his hand out before placing it back on valencia's hip.

"yeah? then maybe you should have left me dead." josh snapped at the raeken boy and he took yet another step towards them.

"that's not a very positive attitude." valencia whispered and theo bit back a laugh, keeping serious.

"or maybe you just need to feel something else." theo told the boy, handing valencia two leads. valencia stepped forwards and extended out her hands. josh looked at the girl sceptically. valencia nodded her head slightly and josh finally decided to take them "something better."

he reached out for them and took them in his hands. valencia stepped back to lean against the car, theo's arm going over her shoulder.

for some reason the two became inseparable, they didn't want to be away from each other. it just felt like something was pulling them together.

suddenly bright blue sparks flew out from josh's hands. his head shot up and let out a loud roar which made the raeken and the malin smirk.

"how does that feel?" theo asked with a large smile on his face, watching contently as josh looked over to them and his eyes flashed a purple colour.  he continued to snarl as electricity shot from his body.

theo and valencia both looked back, ignoring the roaring and snarling coming from josh. back in the shadows, they could see the dunbar boy watching them in fear.