XXIII. little wolf

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
LITTLE WOLF

valencia and scott made their way off the lacrosse pitch, valencia messing about with scotts lacrosse stick. scott had just finished practise and so valencia had decided to watch, having nothing better to do.

she knew that there was no point in going home because neither scott or noah would be there and she hated being alone, especially after everything that happened. it had been months since the beast was defeated and theo was gone but she still found herself scared and worried.

"scott? val? scott. val." the very rushed and panicked voice of stiles stilinski came from out of nowhere and both supernaturals turned his direction, watching as he came sprinting towards them.

valencia handed scott his stick, not taking her eyes of her brother while doing so. stiles placed a hand on scotts shoulder and looked over to valencia.

"hey. it's called the wild hunt." stiles panted out from running to them, "it's a myth. only, apparently it's real like every other myth in this town that should just really remain a nightmare."

"the guy on the horse?" scott raised his eyebrow at stiles, stopping him from speaking anymore.

"yeah, they call them ghost riders." stiles explained to his best friend and his sister. "hang on one second." stiles turned his head towards a bunch of boys in lacrosse jerseys. "hey! that's my jersey. where'd you get that?"

"coach gave it to me at practice." the boy spoke, swinging his lacrosse stick over his shoulder and walking off with the rest of the group. valencia's eyes followed him, curious to why coach gave him stiles jersey.

"we had practice?" stiles spun around scott and groaned. "why doesn't anyone tell me anything?"

scott placed a comforting hand on stiles shoulder to try and calm him down. "why would the ghost riders want to take alex's parents?"

"because that's what they do," stiles stated simply. "they take people, okay? they run around collecting souls. and once they take you, you're gone."

"but it's not just you, it's everything about you." valencia figured out from beside scott and both of the boys nodded their heads at the statement.

"yeah, like how they took alex's room." stiles looked down at his shaky hands and valencia grabbed a hold of them. stiles sent a smile to the girl at the gesture, holding onto valencia's hand.

"does that mean alex is next?" scott asked stiles who stared into his eyes.

"these supernatural shits need to give me a damn break, i just got my memory back!" valencia exclaimed with a groan, running a hand down her annoyed face.

valencia finished her complaining and turned to her two brothers, hugging each of them with a small smile. "i'm away to go and find zoey but i'll see you two later, update me if anything happens or you need me."

valencia began to walk off, turning her back on the boys. but before she could get out of sight, a gentle hand grabbed her wrist. valencia stopped and looked over at stiles who looked stressed out.

"valencia, i don't know what's happening or what's going to happen but i have a really bad feeling about things." stiles breathed out in a hurry. "i just want to say, in case anything happens, i love you and i'm so sorry for everything that happened."

"stiles..." valencia trailed off, she hated when stiles blamed himself for her death and everything that came after it. she hated listening to him blaming himself when it wasn't his fault at all.

"no, val, listen. i'm sorry. i love you so much, you're my little sister and i swore to protect you and i didn't do that." stiles came to a stop and let out a deep breath. "just if anything happens. please remember me, val. promise you'll remember me?"