XV. don't be sorry

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
DON'T BE SORRY

the speakers began to squeak as they turned on and a voice ran through from the school corridors. "attention all students. mr. quinn's classes are cancelled for today. if anyone knows his whereabouts, please let the office know immediately."

"that doesn't sound too ominous," mason spoke sarcastically to the dunbar boy stood next to him. though, he was too distracted to pay attention to what mason was saying.

mason followed his gaze and his eyes landed on valencia and theo, leaning against their lockers not too far away, a conversation going on between them. 

"you said scott told you not to do anything," mason turned to his bestfriend. liam had went to scott and decided to tell him that valencia and the chimeras were alive but scott already knew.

"i know." liam muttered back, his eyes still on the pair at the other end of the school corridor. liam watched how happy valencia looked, how when theo cracked a joke her face would light up and she'd start laughing.

she looked so happy with them. surely he'd done something to her. there was no way valencia was on his side willingly.

"liam, you said you weren't going to get involved." mason shook his head and a frown fell on the dunbar boys face. mason knew how liam felt. but liam promised scott he wasn't going to do anything.

"i know."

"liam, don't get involved." mason moved forwards to face his bestfriend who still hadn't been able to move his gaze away from theo who noticed him looking.

liam nodded his head and finally turned to mason. theo and valencia began to walk away together. theo reached to take valencia's books out of her hands and carry them for her. liam watched again as valencia smiled up at the boy.

"she looks so happy." liam whispered and looked down at his own hands, feeling betrayed. he no longer felt the anger that had previously been boiling through his blood, but instead it was replaced with sadness washing over him.

had he really lost his best friend forever? the girl he once called his older sister, was now the person whom he barely even recognised. she was completely different.

scott explained to him how she acted when he found out she was alive. scott told liam that she wasn't the same girl she used to be. valencia wasn't the sweet, caring, lovable stilinski anymore.

she was the malin girl who no longer saw the good in her friends, who no longer trusted anyone. she was different. the way she spoke, the way she looked. there was something that had changed in her eyes. maybe it was darkness, maybe it was revenge.

"liam?" mason waved his hand infront of liams face and the boy snapped back into reality. "the bell went. are you okay?"

liam nodded his head, though mason knew that it was a complete lie. mason guided liam to class after giving him a minute to think about everything.

liam just missed val.

it was all stiles fault.

•••••

"are you sure you don't want to come with me?" theo raeken asked valencia with a frown on his face. theo was going to talk to malia and he'd asked valencia to come but she had told him no.

"i'm sure." valencia told the boy quietly with a slight smile. ever since she'd came back to life her and theo hadn't left each other's side. they didn't want to leave each other's side.