XXXVI. silver bullet

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
SILVER BULLET

"we can still catch him." malia told scott who seemed to be in another world. he stood ahead of his friends, distracted by something.

"catch who?" scott asked and turned around to his friends after a moment of zoning back into reality. valencia furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the boy weirdly with a hand on her hip.

"the killer?" malia said with a look as if to say 'duh.' "what are you thinking about?" malia asked him confused.

"getting the bullet to argent." scott lifted the bullet in his hands, showing it to the girls. valencia stepped forwards, followed by malia and lydia.

"even if he's the one who fired it?" malia asked, standing opposite scott. scott nodded his head.

"especially if he's the one who fired it." scott glanced in between the three girls. scott turned around, listening in closely. "do you hear that?" scott asked. valencia raised her eyebrow, looking between scott and malia as her and lydia did not have werewolf hearing.

"heartbeats?" malia questioned, answering for valencia who looked at her, waiting for her to say what it was.

"a lot of them." scott breathed out heavily, looking into the darkness of the forest. valencia looked around, her eyes scanning between the trees looking out for people heading their way. "they're here." scott told his pack.

"who?" valencia rushed out, spinning around to face scott, beginning to grow nervous. scott breathed out heavily, seeing movement in the distance.

"hunters." scott panted out. before valencia could say anything or look for the hunters. scott grabbed her shoulder. "run." he ordered for the three girls before they all began to sprint through the trees in the opposite direction as the people.

"scott, wait!" malia yelled from closely behind scott. valencia ran alongside scott, having good running school. "scott!" malia yelled. though, scott ignored her and kept on running ahead. scott finally turned around, but kept on running. he saw all of the people chasing after them. valencia came to a stop, turning around and seeing malia and lydia had stopped aswell.

scott skidded to a stop as he turned back around and realised that he were cornered, no sight of the three girls that were previously behind him. lasers pointed all over scott's body and he spun around in circles.

scott let out a loud growl before he shone his alpha eyes and his sharp, fangs. scott let out a roar, running off into the direction of someone and taking them to the floor with loud grunts. the man rolled onto the floor, grunting out in pain.

"scott!" the man from underneath the alpha yelled. "scott, it's me. it's me, scott!" noah yelled and finally scott was able to recognise the man he was on top of.

"dad..." valencia trailed off, taking a couple steps forward but she was stopped by a police woman that stood out infront of her. the woman didn't bother looking back at valencia so she didn't realise it was the sheriff's daughter, plus a police officer in training.

scott looked up from noah and at the police officers surrounding them. noah quickly sat up, trying to calm the boy who'd exposed himself to the police station. "everybody stay back, it's just a kid!" noah yelled at all of his officers, standing up and holding out his hand.

"what's wrong with his eyes?" the police woman holding valencia back asked. noah looked over at her, catching sight of his daughter being held back.

"you heard the sheriff, stand down." parrish stepped out infront of the woman, making eye contact with valencia.