XIII. denial

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
DENIAL

the town of beacon hills had fell into a silence, the dark streets of beacon hills looking abandoned as police cars drove down the streets.

at the high school of beacon hills, sat a bloody and beaten up scott mccall, an exhausted mason hewitt and a shaken up melissa mccall. all three with broken hearts, sitting on the stairs of the school library.

melissa mccall had broken the devastating news to the two young boys who stared at the woman in denial, the first stage of grief. scott had struggled to believe his mother, repeating her words over and over in his head until he'd come to the conclusion that his best friend was dead.

mason rested his head in his hands and his cheeks went damp from the tears staining his cheeks. although he hadn't known the girl nearly as long as scott mccall had, he'd lost a good friend too.

mason always watched the smile light up valencia's face whenever one of her friends came into sight. he always noticed how she listened closely whenever someone else was speaking. he knew that she was a bubbly and bright person and that everyone adored her.

mason adored her. he couldn't adjust to the fact that valencia stilinski was no longer with them.

every time he walked down the school corridor, the girl wouldn't be there to run into his arms and give him a large hug when he needed one. she would no longer be there to listen to his boy drama, or help him pick out what to wear.

valencia was loved by so many people, wether she knew it or not. and mason regretted not staying with her and being with her for her last breath. he regretted not being there for her when she needed him most, like she had been for him.

scott on the other hand was not taking in the information well at all. his lip quivered and he stared straight at the blank wall at the other side of the library. he didn't know wether or not this was real.

questions ran through scott's mind. he tried making excuses, trying to lie and tell himself that valencia stilinski was not dead and he was just imagining it.

scott remembered every memory him and valencia had ever shared together. from building sand castles in the hot summer days when they were babies to crying in each other's arms as they watched the titanic and stiles sat and stared at the pair with concern.

valencia stilinski was not only the best friend of scott mccall, but she was his little sister. he admired the beautiful, bright girl and he swore to do anything he could to protect her.

but now she was dead, and scott blamed himself for not being there to protect her. maybe if he'd never left her in the locker rooms with liam and hayden, she wouldn't be dead. maybe if he'd found her quicker instead of theo then she would've had a better chance at survival.

scott put all the blame on himself for leaving valencia alone in the locker room, he regretted thinking that she could protect herself when she was already losing control of her powers.

how stupid had he been to leave her alone with the two sophomores with no defence. he left her and now she was dead, all because of him, the person who was supposed to protect her.

green eyes shot open and a loud gasp fell from her lips, heavy breaths falling from her lips whenever she realised she could finally breath. the girl coughed and turned her head around in shock.

the girl slowly pushed herself off the cold, muddy ground and she realised a couple other people standing before her.

her eyes wandered over to a girl who stood directly beside her. her blonde strands of hair falling over her shoulder beautifully. when the girl turned her head, she was able to recognise her.