XXXV. killer

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
KILLER

"wolves or werewolves?" the were-coyote asked, lying down on her bed whilst reading a book about france. lydia placed down malia's suitcase at the end of the bed and valencia stood with her arms crossed over her chest.

"they said wolves." lydia answered, talking about liam, isaac and scott. valencia hummed in agreement to the redheads answer. zoey walked into the bedroom, plopping herself down on malia's bed with a sigh. zoey shared a smile with lydia and valencia before turning around to face malia.

"not interested. you go." malia flopped back onto her back, continuing to read the book in her hands. malia let out a deep exhale, focused on the words on the page.

"liam was asking for help from the were-coyote, not the banshee, or phoenix, or chimera." lydia went around malia's bed to stand over her. malia furrowed her eyebrows i'm confused, not lifting her head from the book.

"why me?" malia asked, feeling very uninterested on going to investigate some dead wolves.

"because you're the former animal." lydia shrugged her shoulders. "nobody understands mysterious animal situations like you do." the redhead explained.

malia turned herself around, moving onto her stomach again and looking up at lydia. "i'm done with mysterious animal situations." she grumbled. "i want mysterious men. french ones."

lydia let her eyes travel over to malia's computer and she spotted the writing on it. "your flight's delayed." lydia figured.

"no, no. it's rerouted. there's a difference." malia shook her head before sticking her face back down into the book.

"delayed is what happens when your flight is rerouted." valencia told her bestfriend from the end of the bed, rolling her eyes as she tried to be smart but failed miserably at it. "so you have plenty of time."

the computer beeped and lydia looked over at it again. "and there's a storm system shutting down charles de gaulle airport." lydia informed malia.

"it's a minor shower." malia tried to make up an excuse, avoiding eye contact with her best friends. lydia leaned down on the bed, sending malia a fierce look. malia spun around, closing her laptop. "liam's got everything covered. they were just dead wolves. doesn't sound supernatural to me."

"mal, we live in the city of beacon hills." valencia spoke up, eyeing her bestfriend who continued to go unbothered. "everything is supernatural."

•••••

valencia sat in stiles' bedroom, her eyes wandering around the somewhat empty room. he'd taken most of his stuff with him, but he'd left his board and pins behind. valencia scanned the board, looking at all of the cases they had solved within their teenage years.

everything had changed from when they were in freshmen year together. their lives were a lot more different. it was a part of life for things to change, but valencia's life had changed in a very different way.

valencia picked up her phone, looking down at the number on it. she frowned, scrolling through her calls list. she'd been trying to get a hold of theo for days but everytime she called, there was no answer. valencia clicked on the button, placing the phone up to her ear.

she listened to the phone ringing, praying to god that he would just answer. but he never did. the phone began to ping and valencia let out a heavy sigh. "theo, it's me. i don't know where you are but i miss you. you haven't returned my calls in days, i'm worried about you. please call me back, love you."