XII. goodbye

CHAPTER TWELVE
GOODBYE

"what do you mean no?" liam got up and walked closely to the mccall boy. the thunder rumbled loudly and valencia looked up to theo who was already looking down at her.

"if anything happens, and i can't be saved. tell stiles and noah that i love them." valencia forced a smile upon her lips and theo shook his head, biting down on his bottom lip.

the two ignored the arguing going on infront of them between liam and scott and instead focused on each other, staring deeply into one another's eyes with passion.

"don't say that." theo whispered back, sliding his thumb along valencia's cheek and down to her jaw-line. "you're going to be fine. we're going to go back to my house, get into comfortable, clean clothes, make hot chocolate and watch a movie. how does that sound?"

valencia hummed in agreement with a more genuine smile on her lips. "i like the sound of that, theodore." theo let out a quiet chuckle at the full name but the two were pulled away from their conversation when they heard heavy breathing.

valencia quickly turned her head to see scott his his hand up and use his inhaler. valencia went to speak but was cut off when scott spoke to liam again.

"there's another way to save her." scott muttered once he caught his breath again and liam looked up at him.

"guys!" theo called and both liam and scott turned around to face him, theo motioned over to hayden. "i don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite but she's definitely not surviving this. we need to do something."

•••••

valencia had been woken up early in the morning and nearly blinded by the sunlight entering the vet clinic through the windows.

they'd set valencia up on a metal table and hayden on another one. melissa mccall had came in at one point and valencia had never been so happy to see the woman.

she was like a mother to her and she hadn't seen her in so long. so when melissa appeared from behind the doorframe, valencia had quite the surprise despite her state.

"what is that?" liam asked curiously when melissa had grabbed something from the counter and brought it over to the two metal tables.

"it's called chelation therapy," melissa informed the young sophomore. "it removes heavy metals from the blood. but the problem is that it can injure the kidneys. hayden only has one to begin with so..."

melissa pushed something into hayden's hand, earning a light groan from the girl as she turned her head to the left.

"you're hurting her!" liam explained and grabbed a tight hold of melissa's wrist which scott quickly noticed and gave liam a look.

"and you're hurting me," melissa raised her shoulders at the rough hold on her wrist liam had.

liam let go and apologised to melissa who then moved over to valencia and did the same thing to her as she did with hayden. valencia had no reaction, opening her mouth slightly but no noise came out.

"guys, remember we're here to save two lives." theo looked between both scott and liam sceptically, noticing the way scott had been looking at liam. "not kill each other."

"it's really full moon," scott told the small group of people. "we can feel it even during the day."

"and it's a supermoon," theo added in to the conversation. valencia moved her head slightly but quickly winced, theo noticed and held onto her hand, rubbing his thumb against her soft skin.