Chapter 48

Qin Xiao's ambitions are growing day by day and no longer deliberately concealed.

    Many people know that he has acted in private and wants to take the position of deputy commander-in-chief of the military. The person in that position was demoted due to a wrong decision in the previous battle with the empire, and the position is now vacant. Many people want to sit go up.

    Qin Xiao is the most competitive here.

    But of course, there are still some for it and some against it.

    The so-called support and opposition are actually more based on self-interest.

    Of course, the Supreme Commander also knew Qin Xiao's ambitions, and even knew which position Qin Xiao really wanted.

    But he is not worried, there will always be someone who wants to take his position, but now is not a wartime, it is not so easy to find a name to take his position.

.He was even happy to see Qin Xiao take some action, so that he could wait for Qin Xiao to shoot himself in the foot.

    The commander-in-chief was quite optimistic about Qin Xiao at first, but at a young age, he gained his current status by virtue of his own excessive strength.

    Over time, it will definitely get better.

    But people who don't keep their feet on the ground and just want to go to the sky in one step have already learned a lot from history.

    Taking one step too far will only make you fall into the abyss.

    Therefore, the commander-in-chief did not pay much attention to Qin Xiao's future seizure of power.

    It is indeed similar to what the commander thought. Just relying on Qin Xiao's current strength, it is not so easy to stand in the position of deputy commander.

    Obstacles abound.

    But the commander did not consider one thing.

    That is Qin Xiao has the biggest trump card.

.As long as he holds that trump card, he is in no position to lose.

    Qin Xiao is of course loyal to the Federation, but on top of his loyalty, he accidentally has a little selfishness of his own.

    He knew that only by standing in the highest position of the military and possessing the above rights can he truly do whatever he wants.

    He has a very clear understanding of his own abilities, and he does not underestimate himself, nor does he think highly of himself.

    All actions are based on absolute control over the situation.

    He never fought an uncertain battle.

    Qin Xiao knew that there was no separation between military and government, so he took the initiative to contact the Minister of Finance.

    The minister was very optimistic about Qin Xiao, a courageous and powerful young man. He personally belongs to the reformist group and hopes to have some new changes.

    Coupled with the recent squeeze from all sides, he also needs a suitable ally.

.It's just that if you really cooperate with Qin Xiao, you will face huge risks.

    Qin Xiao then gave some convincing news, and the minister was relieved.

    But at the same time, the minister needs Qin Xiao to give him some strong guarantees, so Qin Xiao will cross the river and demolish the bridge after he gains power.