Part 3- All is Well

2 WEEKS PRIOR
Rileys POV
I woke up to the smell of moms homemade pancakes and bacon. I could hear Auggie pestering her about extra chocolate chips. A smile graced across my face as I opened my eyes and stretched.

Immediately my phone showed a text from Maya.
"Morning Riles! I'll be there in 30!"
We had been planning this day for weeks. The past two summers we made it tradition to spend one whole day with our best friends until  midnight. This year was amusement park, beach, and late night drive to the country at a small cottage for the four of us. We had all been saving and couldn't wait.

Lucas was the only one with a car and license so he'd be the designated driver. After months of saving the day had finally come. Just the four of us, Lucas, Maya, Farkle, and me. Zay was back in Texas for the rest of August off on his own adventure.

Like clock work, Farkle messaged me at 10:00AM
"Good morning, sweets. Hope you had a restful nights sleep. I'm sure youre even more beautiful then yesterday. 
Can't wait to have the perfect day with you and our best friends." Sure he's a bit corny, but he never fails to remind me of his love.

Maya and I planned to meet here at 10:30 then meet Farkle and Lucas shortly after to head back off. Because Lucas is 18, my parents entrusted us for the day to go off independently.

I slipped out of bed and got changed into my favorite dress with the perfect sandals to pair. I finished packing for the day and walking to the kitchen.

My mom looked up from the stove and smiled "Good morning, Riley. Excited for today?"

"Yeah, it'll be really great. The first time just the four of us get to spend together. Thanks again for making today happen!" I said in an endearing and enthusiastic tones

"Hey, I know what it's like to be a kid once too."
She then returned to her meal prep and put a perfectly sized stack of pancakes in front of me. Auggie snuck up on me and stole a piece of bacon.

"Hey!" I said half seriously.

"August..." spoke my mom with a slight smirk on her face.

"I'm just kidding!"

After breakfast, I head back into my room waiting for Maya.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late! Wanted to make sure I remembered everything!"

"I'm just glad your here peaches!" I jumped out of my bed and hugged her.

"You good to head to the subway to meet the guys?"

"Yeah, let's go." We walked out the door and said our goodbyes. My dad went on to share his last minute life lessons to us in a half serious manner and paused for a moment then spoke genuinely;
"Girls, I am so proud of you both. You're such wonderful young women. Maya, you're like a daughter to me and I'm so glad you have one another. No matter where life takes you, remember this feeling, the beauty in your friendship. There's nothing like the relationship you have."

That felt random but fitting for the moment. I hugged my family and we parted ways. Now off to the Victorian Gardens Amusement Park.