Part 18- Code Blue

Topangas POV

Riley says to Cory and I "I-I just want Maya-" then the color leaves her face and her tight hold to my hand releases. The heart monitor flat lines and we immediately call for help. Everything feels so hazy.

"CODE BLUE!" One nurse yells as doctors come piling in. They begin CPR and we are asked to back away. Another nurse escorts us to a private waiting room. I begin to cry and Cory holds me. "Oh my god. Riley-the baby..." I wail. He holds me tighter and I soke his shirt in mascara and tears.

Several minutes pass when a doctor comes in and sits with us. "Riley will be okay. However she is in the Intensive Care Unit in high monitoring."
"Why is this happening to our daughter?" Cory says. I still am fighting to hold back my tears.

"We aren't sure. An ultrasounds has been ordered to see if the pregnancy is still viable. As soon as we know more, I can assure you'll be the first to know." He exits the room leaving us together.

"I-I think I should call Katy and have Maya come her. It's what Riley wants." I say with a gasp between each word.

"Okay, do you want me to call." Cory asks.
"No, I will." I grab my phone and call Katy. Throughout the conversation and can't stop crying. Katy begins to cry as well and says she will tell Maya. After we end the call, some time passes then Katy texts me saying "We are on our way."