Part 17- Awake

Riley's POV
My ears are buzzing and my head feels like it's about to explode. Slowly, I open my eyes, however my vision is blurred. The world silences and I look around to see a hospital room. I feel someone touching my hand and to my side is my mom and dad.

I've never seen a look of such fear and pain before from my parents. "M-mom? Dad?"
My mom leans close and smiles. "Hi, darling?" She caresses my cheek. "How you feeling?"
I struggle to speak. Slowly, I utter the words "I don't know. What happened?"

I look to my left to see machines all around me and wires stretching to my body. I feel so cold and weak. My eyes are so heavy. I can barely keep focus on my parents. "Rest, sweetheart." My dad says. They adjust my thin hospital blankets and kiss my forehead. I give in to the struggle to sleep and close my eyes. As I gradually fall back into slumber, I hear my parents foot steps become quieter and the door closes.

A few hours later

When I wake up, my headache has decreased but shooting pains are traveling up my stomach. Then everything comes flooding back from Lucas, to the pregnancy test, and passing out. Was the baby okay? Do they know?

I sit up in the bed and a mirror is in front of me. A large bandage is around my head. To my left is a monitor with a heart beat-no two? I realize there are wires on my arms, chest, and stomach. The baby is okay...

A nurse comes in and asks how I am. She then asks if I'd like visitors.
"Do-do they know?"
"About what?" She asks soothingly
"The baby?" My words come across shaky.
"Yes, your parents are aware. Would you like to see them?"
"Sure." I'm unsure what they think. Mom and dad come walking in, holding one another's hands. "Feeling better?" My dad says calmly.

"Yeah, the rest helped. What happened?" My mom sits beside me. "When I came home, you were passed out in your room."
I look down at my stomach and back at her. "Do you-." I can't finish the sentence. "Yes, sweetheart. The doctors told us. How long have you known?"
"I found out last night. When I went to get advil for my headache. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just had to be sure and once I knew, I felt ashamed. I just didn't know how to tell you guys." A tear rolls down my cheek. My dad sits on my other side and takes my hand "Riley, no matter what happens, we are always here for you. We love you and never want you to feel ashamed of anything. You are our daughter and we will do everything we can to take care of you." He pauses "And the baby."

I felt a weight lift from my shoulders. Does Maya know? How will I tell Lucas? What about Farkle?

"Riley," my mom begins to speak "do you know who the father is?" She's gentle with her words, trying not to cause any unwanted panic. "Is it Farkle?" my dad asks.

I look down again as another tear falls. I shake my head.

"W-who is it, Riley?" She asks.

"It's Lucas." For a slight moment, a look of shock shadows my parents faces then like instinct, they both shadow it. "Does he know? Does Maya know?" Asks my mom.

"No, only you both." I begin to feel light headed and I can feel my palms get sweaty. "I-I just want Maya-". Before I can close my sentence, my vision blurs and everything fades out.