Part 13- The Discovery

Present Day-August 30th

Mayas POV
My mom looking at me with tears welling in her eyes. She holds my hand and utters softly; "Sweetheart, there's something I need to tell you about Riley..."

My stomach drops and my whole body goes numb. "M-mom, what is it?" I begin to tear up and my hands go cold. She grasps my hand tighter. "Riley is in the ICU. She's unconscious."

"What!" I scream in shock. My mom moves closer and puts her hands in my shoulders.

"Maya, she's pregnant." My whole world spirals with questions and fear. All I want to do is be with her.

"Is she okay?" I ask.
"We aren't sure. Topanga says they are waiting for test results. We can head there n-."
Before she finished her sentence, I grab my shoes and start walking out the door. She follows and touches my shoulder. "Maya."

I look around the room frantically for my keys refusing to pause. "Maya, listen to me." She says demandingly. I pause and look at her. Tears are now pouring from my eyes and my cheeks are redden.

"Maya, Lucas is the father." I fall to the ground as the weight of the world crushes me. With my face in my hands, I sob. I feel so much fear, pain, anger. How could they? What is happening?

"Maya, sweet heart, do you want to go so her?" I gather myself, take my keys, and hand them to her.
"Okay. Let's go."