ETHAN - piano

A/N:
how are yall enjoying the stories so far? pls dont be afraid to give some constructive criticism:)

In this story,  you teach Ethan how to play the piano so you guys can play it together on your birthday

————————————————————————

I was awakened by the sound of someone smashing their hands on a piano's keyboard, followed by a series of Italian curses by a deep voice. Ethan, I thought. I struggled to open my eyelids, and when I did I caught a glimpse of the still dark sky outside the window of Ethan and I's shared apartment.

What the hell is he doing this early?

I groaned as I got up from the bed, and started to shuffle towards the living room. There he was, sitting behind my grand piano, eyebrows knitted together in frustration while his eyes scanned along the keyboard to find the correct chords.

"Ethan? Amore? What are you doing this early?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh my god, did I wake you up, y/n?" Ethan sighed. "I...I was just trying to learn a song on the piano...for your birthday."

My birthday is in four days, and Ethan knew I loved to play the piano. I started learning the piano at three and never stopped since then. However, the same could not be said for poor Ethan, who had almost no experience with the piano.

"Oh that's so sweet of you, Edgar," I sat down next to him and rubbed his back in appreciation. "But why don't you do it later? It's only five in the morning."

"I'm getting busier with the rehearsals, so I won't have much time to learn. Plus, you're always home, so I've got to use other methods to keep this a surprise." He hung his head. "But I failed at that. Sorry darling, I failed to even give you a decent birthday gift."

Poor thing, he looked like a defeated little puppy. "Never beat yourself up like that, Ethan" I said as I planted a kiss on his forehead. His phone was resting on the music rack, playing a youtube piano tutorial of (insert your fav song). I suddenly had an idea.

"Ethan, how about we learn it together, you learn the melody and I learn the chords? This is gonna speed up the learning process, and we can play on my birthday together!"

"Ottimo idea!" Ethan instantly perked up, then placed his hands on the keyboard. I giggled at his sudden eagerness a little, before I pressed play on the piano tutorial.

Dividing the song into two parts for us to learn WAS a great idea. Ethan, not having to learn both the chords and the melody, can now learn at a much quicker pace. While we continued to learn our parts, I would give him a few kisses on the cheek as encouragement, and his adorable smile would appear on his face. Soon enough, Ethan memorized the entire melody and could play it rather smoothly.

"You did it amore!" I was so excited that I jumped up and hugged him tightly. I felt his arms tighten around my hips, while he rubbed up and down my back.

"All thanks to you, darling." He shifted his position on the piano bench to face me, and laid his soft lips on mine.

The days leading up to my birthday, we practiced at any given moment, our cohesion growing through each practice. Finally, my birthday arrived. My family and a few friends organized a small party in my house, and of course all four of Måneskin were there. After we finished the birthday cake, Ethan, who was sitting beside me, laced his hand through mine and led me to the piano.

"This song," he said as his other hand brushed through my hair. "Is for the love of my life, y/n" He placed his hands on the keyboard as I did the same. We both took in a breath simultaneously, and we started to play.

It was almost miraculous, the way our hands flew across the keyboard in harmony. His fingers danced across the notes that he was familiar with by now, while my chords accompanied his melody, creating a symphony too perfect for words to describe. Every once in a while I would glance up at him, and our eyes would meet. Neither of us said a word, but a thousand messages were exchanged. Our friends and family sang along to our song, and even though not all of them had the best voices (other than Damiano showing off in the corner), all of their voices warmed every corner of my heart.

The song ended, and cheers erupted from every corner of the room. Ethan held my face gently and his lips came down to mine. The corners of my mouth turned up as I threw my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

"Get a room, you two!" I heard Victoria snicker from the sides. Ethan pulled away from the kiss only to stick his tongue out at his friend, and all of our friends and family laughed at their interaction.

He turned to me at last, "You should definitely teach me to play the piano more."

"Deal." I smiled back.

————————————————————————
cuteeeeee

imagine someone waking up at 5 just to learn a song for you tho, i would absolutely die from happiness

as usual, you can submit requests here: