DAMIANO - rollercoaster

A/N:
heyyy how's everyone today?
btw i just finished writing a vic imagine and i think im going to release it sometime  tomorrow, so stay tuned ;)

In this story, you and your childhood best friend/crush Damiano go on a rollercoaster together
————————————————————————

I knew Damiano had a fear of heights, so imagine how shocked I was when I heard he wanted to go up on a rollercoaster.

"What."

Yup. That was the only thing I was able to say.

"Come on, y/n, I wanna see if I can overcome my fear of heights." He said, eyeing the roller coaster next to us, as we stood at the entrance of the amusement park.
"Dam, you literally froze on the swings once when we were 8. Are you sure you can do this?" I said with a questioning tone. He only inhaled sharply, and nodded fiercely.

Damiano and I have been best friends since we were six, and as we grew up, I inevitably caught feelings for him. Sure, he obviously had good looks, but each time he puts aside whatever he had to do to take care of me, or each time he stands up for me when people made rude comments about me, or just each time he made cheesy jokes to cheer me up, that's when I found myself falling for that boy.

Fast forward to now, to show how determined he was to ride the roller coaster, he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the line-up area of the rollercoaster. This little action made my heart transform into a wild little bunny, hopping around like mad in my chest. Oh god, I hope my palms weren't that sweaty.

Damiano held my hand all the way as we inched forwards in the line. He kept staring up nervously at the roller coaster towering above him. Seeing him so tense, I squeezed his hand to give him a sense of comfort. He only mouthed a silent "Thank you" to me and continued his staring contest with the rollercoaster.

Finally, it was our turn and we boarded the rollercoaster. Damiano's hands kept fiddling with the strap that secured himself to the seat.
"Dami," I whispered to him.
He looked up to me, and I saw tears glistening in his eyes "Ohhh, don't cry don't cry," I cooed while I held his cheek with my hand. Inside, I was panicking like mad, holding his face like that, but I urged myself to keep my composure.
"It's going to be scary, but very fun at the same time, trust me. And if you ever feel scared, just squeeze my hand."
"O...okay." he said. He seemed to have calmed down a little bit from my words. At that same moment, the rollercoaster began to climb upwards.

Slowly, we climbed higher and higher. A ball of fear mixed with excitement grew in my stomach as we rose up.
"Y/N!" screamed Damiano as we reached the highest point of the rollercoaster. It was so high up here that I could see the entire amusement park. Damiano, no doubt, looked at me with panic in his eyes. Then he did something I did not expect. He was sitting on my left, so he threw himself at me and hugged my left arm, hiding his face on my shoulder.

Thump thump thump thump. My heart was beating so fast I was sure it would've fallen out.

After what feels like forever, we descended down the curve. "Ahhhhhhhhhh!" Damiano screamed at the top of his lungs, and so did I. But I wasn't sure whether it was because of the rollercoaster, or the fact that Damiano was hugging me for comfort.

Eventually, the ride ended and the rollercoaster stopped so we could get off the ride.
"Dam, Dam, we can go now." I patted his shoulder to alert him. His arms still held mine tightly, but when he held up his head to meet my eyes, there was a newfound spark in his eyes. "That was so. FUN." He laughed, releasing the breath he had been holding the entire time.

We couldn't stop talking about the ride as we walked back out to a little tuck shop near the rollercoaster. We each bought cotton candy and sat down on a bench, listening to the excited shrieks of other people in the distance as they flew up and down on the rollercoaster.

I still couldn't get the events that happened on the rollercoaster out of my mind until Damiano turned to me suddenly.
"y/n?"
I turned to face him as well, and under the dim yellow light of the tuck shop, he looked so...beautiful.
"You know...how in the movies, the main characters would grow closer after a near-death experience?"

I couldn't force out a response. Could this be? The moment I have always dreamed of living?

He continued "So...even though calling a rollercoaster ride a near-death experience would sound too dramatic, but I think," he looked down in shyness. "This would be the perfect opportunity to tell you that I like you, y/n."

"Thank you for being through every hardship with me, that rollercoaster included," he joked to lighten the mood. "But seriously, I feel the safest when I'm with you. May I ask you to be with me, so we could be there for each other during future hardships?"

I could blame the adrenaline rush from the ride for making me unable to think straight. Because the next thing I knew, my arms were wrapped around Damiano's neck, with my lips touching his softly.

He looked shocked at first, but quickly reciprocated after a few seconds. His hands held my waist, keeping me impossibly close to him. One of my hands found his cheek, and I caressed the smooth surface of his skin. The entire kiss was gentle, endearing, filled with years of unspoken love.

"God, you don't know how long I've waited for this." I murmured to him as the kiss ended. He pulled me in for an embrace, and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Hey, you stole my line!" Damiano whined to me.

"Sorry, amore" I said, pressing my nose to his shoulder. "Amore... I like the sound of that" he shot me a warm smile that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter. We shared another small kiss before continuing to walk hand in hand, disappearing into the crowds of the amusement park.

————————————————————————
question: your top 3 Måneskin songs? mine are probs Le parole lontane (if u haven't figured out by my username), MAMMAMIA and For your love

you can submit requests here: