THOMAS - prom (1)

A/N:
ENEMIES TO LOVERS ARC WHO CHEERED (nobody lol)
like Damiano's thanksgiving story, this will also be in two parts

In this story, at prom, y/n was dared by her friends to dance with her least favourite person at school, Thomas.

———————————————————————

I exited my friend Maya's car, grumbling as I shuffled towards the door of our school gym.

"Ready, y/n? Don't forget what you promised us." My other friend, Hannah, grinned at me mischievously.

How could I ever forget? "Don't remind me." I murmured back to my friends, the hopeless expression on my face making them giggle.

A week ago, my friends and I played truth or dare together, and I made the choice I now regretted: choosing a dare. Knowing that prom was coming up, they dared me to dance with the boy that annoyed me most, a boy named Thomas Raggi. For some reason, I was always the target of his sinister pranks, and after a while he really started to piss me off, so I started to prank him back, setting off some sort of war between us. Needless to say, we hated each other's guts.

Flashback to now, music blared from the speakers as I entered the gym. Blue LED lights illuminated the place. Students roamed from left to right, getting drinks or meeting up with their friends. In the corner of the gym, I spotted him. My nemesis.

He was talking casually with his friends Victoria and Damiano, running his hands through his blonde hair every now and then. He was dressed fashionably, as usual. His baby blue suit and bell bottoms complimented his olive eyes beautifully, making it hard to look away. "Snap out of it, y/n!" I cursed quietly to myself and stepped towards him.

Thomas hadn't noticed me yet, so I called out loudly.

"Hey loser!"

A few people turned their heads to look at us, but I couldn't care less. Thomas finally shifted his focus to me.

"I see you put on some makeup today, y/n." Thomas took a step towards me. "Good, because you definitely need it." I heard Damiano snicker at his insult, and the both of them shared a high five.

"A proper hello would've been polite." I shot back, rolling my eyes at how immature they were. I decided to drop the bomb on them. "Raggi, my friends want me to dance with you. It's a dare." I spat out.

Thomas' smug grin instantly disappeared on his face. Behind me, it was MY friends' turn to laugh.

But soon enough, his grin returned. "Normally I would have refused to dance with you," he paused. "However, I will tonight, just to make you miserable."

This is gonna be a long night, I groaned internally. "Let's just get this over with." I said as I grabbed Thomas' hand and pulled him towards the dance floor. His fingers were long and thin, and his palm fit into mine seamlessly, which was weird.

We made our way to the middle of the dance floor. I looked at Thomas, his features painted blue by the dim glow of the LED lights. He stretched out his arms towards me, and they stopped an inch away from me.
"May I?" he asked in a low whisper.

I was a bit taken aback by his gentlemanly act. I nodded at him, and he placed his hands on my waist, while I put mine on his shoulders. At this moment, "All my love" by Led Zeppelin started to play from the gym speakers.

"I love Led Zeppelin!" an excited Thomas exclaimed as we swayed along to the music.
"Really?"
"Yup, I wanna be like them in the future. To just start a band and perform on stage." He said proudly.

"I must admit, it's pretty interesting to hear about your dream career. I could've never guessed you wanted to be a musician." I answered him. I just realized I actually didn't know that much about him. Maybe all this time, we were too busy hating each other to know each other.

We continued to dance to the song. He was still holding me, and we were so close I could smell his cologne. He smelt of cedarwood and cinnamon. Thomas was much taller than me, so I had to tilt my head to look at him. Our eyes locked. And under his gaze, my knees seemed to weaken a little.

"What kind of job did you think I would do then?" Thomas asked me.

I gave him a cheeky grin. "A circus clown."

"You're an idiot." He rolled his eyes.

"And what about it?" A sudden bravery took over me. I stood on my tiptoes, pulling my face closer to his. He looked confused at my action at first, but then leaned a little closer as well, causing my heartbeat to speed up.

"You know, y/n, you actually look pretty cute up close." I heard Thomas whisper, so quiet that I almost couldn't catch it. His breath brushed against my face, and my cheeks started to heat up.

Is he...flirting with me? His nemesis?

A little embarrassed, I diverted my eyes from Thomas. And just over Thomas' shoulder, I could see Maya and Hannah at the sides of the gym, giggling at our actions. Hannah was recording us with her phone. Oh no, they're gonna make fun of me for this later.

Thomas saw me staring behind him, and he looked back to see Maya and Hannah as well. "They're filming us. Let's get away for a sec." I whispered to Thomas.

"I usually hate to agree with you, but you're right this time." he smirked, satisfied to see that his reply annoyed me. With his hand still on my waist, he led me to the outside of the gym. And together we hid away from my friends' line of sight.

———————————————————————
ahhh this story was so fun to write
part 2 is coming soon, so stay tuned!

you can submit requests here: