VICTORIA - confess

A/N:
Hellooooooo
I tried going in a direction different from my other imagines with this one, enjoy!

In this story, you've had the biggest crush on your best friend Victoria for a while, and you decided to confess your feelings to her on this date to the movies.

———————————————————————

"Victoria, I've been liking you for a while, so can you- no, would you like to- arghhhh!" I grunted as I hit my hands on my bathroom counter out of frustration. That was a mistake as pain shot up my palms immediately. After yelping lightly, I returned to rehearsing my lines in the bathroom mirror.

I had a crush on a friend of mine, Victoria. We haven't seen each other in a few months as she was busy with her life as a celebrity, and I missed her terribly. So, in the fear that I wasn't going to see her in a long time again, I decided that I was going to confess to her at the end of our date to the movies today. However, I was sweating bullets, and I couldn't stop myself from stuttering and blushing out of embarrassment.

Come on, y/n, she isn't even here yet, I scolded myself internally.

Speaking of the devil, a beep sounded outside my house. I ran to see who it was, and I recognized it as Victoria's car. I straightened my dress furiously, and strapped on my doc martens before I stumbled out my front door.

"Hey, cucciola!" The blonde poked her head out her car window and grinned at me. We like to call each other by our nicknames. It's like a little thing that's only shared by us, and nobody else.

"Hi, sunshine." I returned her smile. I chose that nickname because Victoria was indeed the sunshine in my life, and she brightened everything up. Cheesy, I know.

"I see that you even dressed up today!" Victoria motioned to my dress. I nodded back and smiled again. Of course I dressed up, who would want to confess their love in sweatpants and hoodies? But I didn't tell her that.

She started her car and passed me the aux cord. Mindlessly, I scrolled through my spotify playlists, until my finger landed on "I wanna be yours" by the Arctic Monkeys. How fitting, I smirked to myself. We sang the song loudly all the way until we got off at the movie theater.

As Victoria parked her car, I bought a large bag of popcorn for the both of us. We were watching a comedy, and luckily I bought our tickets beforehand, so we wouldn't need to wait in line. Victoria and I sat ourselves down on the seats of the movie theater. At that moment. I realised I forgot how cold theaters can be. I shivered lightly in my seat, trying to rub my hands together for warmth. Victoria noticed this, and started to remove her jacket.

"No, Victoria, you don't need to do this." I pushed her jacket away, not wanting her to freeze just because of me. She only insisted by wrapping the jacket around my shoulders, with a small smile on her face.

The movie started, and from time to time Victoria's laugh would ring out next to me. Me, on the other hand, was too nervous about the confession later to focus on the movie. Victoria's perfume from her jacket didn't help as well. It only clouded my thoughts, making me think about Victoria and Victoria only.

To distract myself, I reached my hand to grab some popcorn from the bag. But, before I touched the popcorn, I felt Victoria's warm fingers brush against mine. Electricity seemed to shoot up my hand, causing my hand to shrink back.

"Oh, sorry. Were you reaching for the popcorn as well?" Victoria turned to me, smiling sheepishly. I nodded back, words unable to form in my mouth. My other hand rubbed the spot where she had touched me, which was still tingling from the contact.

Victoria then scooped up a bunch of popcorn and motioned for me to open my hand. I did so gingerly, and she plopped the popcorn in my hand. Our hands touched again, and that only made my heartbeat speed up faster.

"What's up with you today? You're awfully jumpy. Is it because of the cold?" Victoria furrowed her eyebrows, and suddenly grabbed my other empty hand to check my temperature. At this point, I silently thanked the dim lights of the theater for not letting her see how much I was blushing.

I managed to squeeze her hand back. "I'm fine, sunshine."

Hearing that, Victoria turned back to the movie. The rest of the movie passed quickly, which was both good and bad for me. I wanted to confess to her as quickly as possible, just to get it off my chest, but at the same time to say I was scared shitless was an understatement.

We walked back to the front door of the theater. My breath was shallowing, and I kept fiddling with the hem of my dress. I can do this, I can do this. It's now or never, I silently encouraged myself.

I sucked in a deep breath, and stepped forward to Victoria. "Vic, I..."

I was cut off by the sudden ringing of Victoria's phone. She held up her hand to pause me as she searched for her phone. Great, just as I had the courage to confess, I'm cut off.

A beam spread across her face as she spoke into the phone. "Hey babe!"

Babe?

"Yes yes, I'm coming soon." Victoria rolled her eyes at her phone, but a smile remained on her lips. "I'm picking you up at the supermarket okay? See you." She hung up her phone.

A still smiling Victoria turned to me. "Hey, y/n, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier, but I'm picking up my girlfriend to meet her parents, so you might need to take the bus yourself."

Girlfriend?

I felt a migraine starting to form in my head, like storm clouds rolling in before a storm. I couldn't think. My body seemed to be on autopilot, nodding at Victoria's answer, then waving goodbye at her when she headed back to her car.

I watched her car, which once excited me at the sight of it, swerve around on the roads as it disappeared along my line of sight, taking all the sunshine in my life away with it.

It was all in my head.

———————————————————————
ouch.
as sad as the ending was, I was really glad that I tried to write a plot twist. after all, I figured it would be too boring if I only wrote fluff lol

you can submit your requests in this format
-name:
-personality:
-which member is it about:
-specific scenarios:
-other stuff you'd like to add: