THOMAS - late night drive

A/N:
Roll call 🔈 who's here again for a new upload today?:

In this story, you and your family are about to leave your town for London, so Thomas decided to take you out for a drive as a goodbye.

———————————————————————

Grunting, I slammed the top of my suitcase shut as hard as I could. Due to the amount of clothes I've stuffed into the suitcase, the top still stubbornly bounced back up after I pressed it down. Half an hour of struggling with this stupid suitcase and still no luck. I've even considered sitting on it because well, I was desperate.

"Why. Won't. You. Just. Close????" I huffed out angrily, punching the top with each word.

A small tap came from the window of my bedroom. There's a tree right outside my bedroom window, so it's not unusual to have a few squirrels or birds causing noise on my window from time to time. Frowning, I shifted my attention from the suitcase to the window.

What I saw, however, was not a squirrel or a bird. A figure pressed itself onto the pane of my window. From the dim glow of my fairy lights, I saw that the figure had blonde hair that reached its shoulders, and a mischievous grin.

Thomas

"Thomas? Thomas!" My expression flashed from confusion to excitement as I hurriedly opened my window. "Hi bambina! Wait a sec."The boy behind it scampered in quickly and shut the curtains, afraid of us being seen.

That snapped me back to reality. "Thomas!" I hissed through my teeth to be as quiet as possible. "Why are you here? It's almost 12 o'clock now. Plus, you know my parents don't like you being around me."

"I know," he didn't seem fazed at all. Instead, he just gave me a toothy grin. "But that doesn't stop me from seeing my girlfriend one last time."

I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on his shoulders gently. "But what if my parents find out? I think discovering that the 'Raggi troublemaker boy' is dating their daughter behind their back would make them go from just disliking you to hating you."

He took my hand from his shoulder and kissed it. "Again, I know, but I couldn't care less." I couldn't decide if him being this confident is charming or worrying.

"Anyways, since you and your family are leaving for London tomorrow and won't return for who knows how long, I decided that you and I should do something a little bit more fun." He opened my curtains and pulled my window up so he could step through them. "Y/n, we're going for a late night drive."

My jaw dropped to the floor. "A drive? Do you even have a license? Wait. Did you drive here to my house?"

Thomas blushed a little. "Well, no, and yes, I drove here in my dad's car. But hey, I've driven before and I'm still here completely fine. Sooo, I think we're gonna be fine. Now come climb down the tree." He motioned for me to climb through the window, but my mind was still lingering on his 'think'.

Should I do it? My eyes shot up to the door of my bedroom. If my parents busted in right now, I would surely be dead. Then I glanced at Thomas again, anticipation shining in his eyes. I'm not gonna get another chance like this, I realized.

So, I grabbed the keys to my house and exited my window. For the climbing down the tree part, I admitted to Thomas I was a little scared, and I ended up clinging to a grumbling Thomas like a koala while he helped us both get to the ground. He led me to his car. I didn't know much about cars, but the one he drove here looked expensive. It was the kind of car that didn't have a roof: perfect for late night drives.

"Damn, this looks expensive." I whistled, "How about you try not to scratch it?"

"You're always worrying too much." Thomas ruffled my hair. Thomas started the car, and the motor growled loudly. "Oops, that was loud. I hope I didn't wake your family." With that, we zoomed down the street, too fast for my parents to ever catch us.

As we sped on, the houses in our neighborhood started to become a blur. Our faces flashed a warm orange each time we passed a street lamp. I looked up to the sky and saw the moon, smiling down on us, this rebellious little couple riding late in the night.

"I've got somewhere to show you." Thomas beamed. At the same time, I saw him take out his phone and click on a file named "Il Ballo Della Vita". Inside, there were multiple audios with both English and Italian names. "I wrote these songs with the band lately. Figured that I wanna let you hear it in person, just so I can see your reaction."

I eagerly pressed on some of the songs. They were honestly pretty good for a band that just started to write music professionally. As the songs played, Thomas belted through all of them, and so did I once I listened to them a couple of times. During some songs, he would even start drumming on the steering wheel.

As if he was giving a private performance just for me, I smirked to myself.

I was humming the first few lines to "Moriro de Re" when Thomas swerved the car down a small, dark path lined with trees. The lights of the suburbs faded behind us. "Where are we going?" I murmured to Thomas.

"Relax, I'm not going to kill you here." Thomas chuckled. Gradually, our car slowed to a stop and he pressed pause on the music.

We got out of the car and started walking, with Thomas' hand linked with mine. Nearing our destination, I started to catch something glimmering a few feet ahead of us. Thomas brushed away some of the bushes in our path, revealing a wide lake. "Oh my god, babe, it's beautiful out here!" The glimmering I saw just now was the moonlight reflecting off the lake. The lake mirrored the heavens perfectly, making it look like the moon and the stars were beneath our feet.

I pried my shoes off with my toes as Thomas did the same. Then we sat near the lake, just close enough for the water to touch our feet without making our entire body wet.

"I knew you would like this place." Thomas grinned as I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you, Thomas. This is the best place to spend time with you before I go." At my words, sadness washed over my heart, knowing that I won't be able to see my sweet boyfriend for a long while. I sighed. "I just wished my parents wouldn't force me to go to London with them. That way I can stay with you, and we wouldn't need to hide behind their backs."

He placed his hand on my back and rubbed it up and down to comfort me. "Don't worry, bambina, you can always Facetime me whenever you get lonely. Then I get to hear your annoying voice again." He smiled, ruffling my hair while I side-eyed him. But still, I snuggled closer to him, wanting to hold him tight while I still had the chance.

We sat as we continued to enjoy the night sky. It was quiet out here, and plus the warmth from Thomas' body, I didn't even notice I was falling asleep until I started to snore lightly. Thomas only snickered a little, and in my hazy eyesight I saw him scoop me up in his arms and bring me back to his car.

I continued to sleep through the rest of the car ride, but I vaguely remember my boyfriend fishing the keys to my house from my pocket, and finally placing me gently on my bed.

"Goodnight, my bambina." I heard him whisper to me, before pecking my forehead softly and climbing out my window again.

———————————————————————
this one was longer than the others, cuz i started writing and couldn't stop lmao. i ended up having to cut a few scenes more to publish it

as always, you can submit requests here: