ETHAN - may I have this dance?

A/N:
school is starting for me soon so idk if I'll continue these imagines in the future, but I still have a few more stories to post before I go ia :)

In this story, Ethan decides to teach you to dance a little in the new house you bought together.

———————————————————————

"Phew! That'll be all for today." Ethan exhaled in relief as he put the last of the cardboard boxes on the floor.

"Thanks Ethan, we'll rest for tonight and start unpacking and decorating tomorrow." I smiled towards my boyfriend.

Looking around us, I saw cardboard boxes of all shapes and sizes piled up in the corners of Ethan and I's new house. We've talked about getting a house together for a while, to start a new life with each other in it, and now we're here, finally moving in. It's been tiring, yes, but also exciting as hell.

"What are you doing, staring at the boxes like that?" Ethan said confusedly as he walked towards me. "Nothing, love. I was just thinking about how we finally get to live together." I answered with another warm smile.

His expression softened. It was his turn to glance at the boxes this time. "The house is kinda messy right now with all these boxes, but I promise tomorrow I will make this house as beautiful as possible. For us. For you." he said as he caressed my cheek softly.

My heart straight up melted at his words. "Thank you, my sweet Edgar. This place is already beautiful to me though, because it's ours and ours only." Burying my head into his shoulder, my words were muffled by the fabric of his soft turtleneck.

We stayed like this in silence for a while, just holding each other. Suddenly, Ethan opened his mouth.

"Do you wanna dance?"

I cocked my head to the side. "Well that was random." my comment made the both of us chuckle a little. "I don't know how to dance though."

"That's fine. I took ballroom dancing lessons when I was young, so I can teach you."

"You're too multi-talented." I rolled my eyes.

Ethan grinned smugly "So, may I have this dance, y/n?" He took a step back and bowed slightly. With one arm behind him, he held out his hand for me, the way princes do in the movies. His eyes found mine, and I could've sworn they were almost pleading with me.

"Alright then." I gave in with a playful smile. I placed my hand on his, and as soon as I did so he pulled me in his embrace, closing the distance between us. Ethan played a slow song on the speakers (my pick is "At Last" by Etta James) Then, his arm circled my body, and I placed my other hand on his shoulder.

"So, each time I move forward you'll have to step backwards, and vice versa. Let's try doing so first." Ethan explained. We spent the next few minutes awkwardly rocking back and forth as we searched for our rhythm.

"Good , good." Ethan said after a while. "Let's start stepping to the rhythm now. One two three, one two three..." he counted out loud. I couldn't catch up to his counting after a few steps, and I ended up stepping on his toes repeatedly.

"Whoops, sorry. Oh god I did it again." I apologized after each time, making Ethan chuckle out between his counting.

Soon enough though, I started to get the hang of it. "I'm doing it, Ethan! I'm dancing!" Excited laughter came out of my mouth. Ethan and I moved in a synchronized pattern, swirling in circles now, along to the romantic music.

He even held up his hand, signaling me to do a twirl. I let go of his shoulder and spun under his arm, before he pulled me back to him. I tried to make him twirl too, but he was way taller than me. As a result, he had to stoop lower to spin under my arm, his own arm bending weirdly as he did so.

"Oh my god, y/n, you're too short." Ethan complained. "Well, it's not like I could help it." I sassed him back.

We continued to glide across the floor of our house, our moves as smooth as a running brook, parting, rejoining, whirling like we've danced with each other for our entire lives. I was too absorbed in our dancing to notice anything else, until my foot was tripped by something: one of the cardboard boxes lying on the ground.

"Ethan!" I shrieked out. My body involuntarily dropped backwards as my hands flailed wildly. Luckily, he tightened his arm around me just before I hit the ground. My hands grasped onto his neck and shoulders for dear life, and my head bent back so that it was just inches away from the floor. I could hear my heart beating loudly from the adrenaline of the fall.

Ethan sighed dramatically as he propped me back up. "Oh darling, why do you have to be so clumsy?"

"I got too carried away by the dance." I shrugged casually.

"But on that note, we're really good dance partners, aren't we?" Ethan wrapped his arms around me again.

"Well, it's just that I have such a good teacher." I grinned, standing on my tippy toes to give him a kiss.

To ruin this moment, our song ended and "Macarena" started to play on the speakers. "What the hell?" I shouted at Ethan jokingly.

"I guess my playlist was on shuffle." He grinned sheepishly as he started to do the iconic Macarena dance.

"You wouldn't need to teach me how to dance this time!" Wasting no time, I followed him in doing the dance. The entire house was filled with our laughter and the sound of us mumbling the lyrics to "Macarena".

Honestly, there's no better way to spend the first night in our new house.

———————————————————————
ayyyyyyy macarena
if you enjoyed this imagine, press that little star down there for me? (no pressure tho)

you can submit requests here: