DAMIANO - thanksgiving (2)

A/N:
part 2 is finally here!!
I won't give an intro for this story cuz well, u guys won't need one if you've already read part 1

enjoy <3

———————————————————————

A minute passed. Then another. And another.

The longer I was waiting for Damiano to come back from the restroom, the stronger my fears and suspicions grew. I was not worried about Damiano being unfaithful to me, but my sister...she could cross the line when it comes to getting what she wants.

"How long does it take to get a plate of tiramisu?" my dad grunted in his seat, obviously annoyed at how long Grace was in the kitchen for.

Finally, the anxiety of waiting was too much for me to bear. I stood up abruptly, causing the chair to screech loudly as I pushed it back.
"I'm going to check on Grace." I said in a low voice, attempting to not to let my parents know how worried I was on the inside.

I walked through the dimly-lit corridor, and at the end of it was the door to the kitchen. Behind it came two voices, unmistakably Grace's and Damiano's. As I neared the door of the kitchen, I softened my steps in order to try to make out what they were saying. I pressed my ear on the door. Grace's voice was slightly muffled, but I could already hear the honey dripping from her voice.

"Oh come on, Damiano. A pretty boy such as yourself deserves a better girlfriend." There was a small pause. I could picture Grace taking a step nearer towards Damiano. "And I can be that girlfriend."

I was correct. There was no doubt now. My sister is trying to have Damiano to herself.

"My fiance is always neglecting me. I swear, he could never stop working." My sister complained.

"But I know you wouldn't be the same, Damiano."

"No, Grace, you have a fiance already. Plus, I'm very happy with y/n right now-"
"Why do you always have to mention her?" Grace's tone shifted from sweet to enraged in a millisecond. "I can make you way happier than my sister! You don't believe me? I'll prove it to you then."

A thought flashed through my mind. She's going to make a move on my boyfriend. MY boyfriend. My body acted on instinct. I pushed open the kitchen door, and it slammed against the wall behind it. Just as I did so, I saw my sister prance onto Damiano, like a snake striking at its victim. She roughly dug her nails onto his face, trying to pull him closer to kiss him.

"NO!" a scream left my throat. Damiano acted quickly and pushed Grace back before their lips touched. With a shocked wail, my sister fell back and her side hit the ground. She wasted no time and scrambled back on her feet. My parents had arrived to this point with shocked looks on both their faces.

"He pushed me! Your boyfriend pushed me, sister!" she pointed a finger accusingly at Damiano, who I wrapped my arms around protectively.

"That's because you tried to kiss him!" I poured every bit of my anger into my words. "And don't you DARE call me your sister. You don't deserve to call me that. Now get lost!"

Luckily, Grace didn't say anything else. She glared at me one last time, eyes overflowing with hatred, before she shoved her way through my still frozen parents and stormed out of the house.

I heard the slam of the front door. That's when the heartbreak washed over me. I collapsed into Damiano's arms, sobbing hysterically.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. She's gone now." Damiano held me tight in his arms.
"How could she?" I managed to choke out between sobs.
"I knew you two didn't like each other, but still Grace stepped too far." my dad almost growled out. My mother was still at a loss of words, but she stretched out her arms for me to hug her.

We all walked out to the dining room to calm ourselves down. And when we did, my parents collectively agreed that they wouldn't let Grace spend Christmas with us. Needless to say, Damiano and I have no objections to that.

Eventually, it was eleven at night, and all of us were tired. We were staying at my parents' house, so we each said our goodnights before heading to our separate rooms. My mom even gave Damiano a little kiss on the cheek.

"He's a nice fella. Don't let him go." I heard my mom whisper to me. I think Damiano heard it though, cause he pumped his fist up when we entered our room.

"Your parents like me!" He grinned at me happily. I ruffled his wavy brown hairand laughed in response.

My eyes trailed down to the nail marks Grace left on his chin from the 'kiss'. "Hey, thank you for um, not kissing my sister back in the kitchen."

Damiano looked me in the eyes. "Y/n, I'd never cheat on you with anyone, you already make me the happiest." he said as he gently held both my hands. I feel my heart grow warmer at his words.

"You're way hotter than Grace, anyways." he added jokingly, with a toothy grin on his face.

Hearing that, I playfully slapped him on the face. "So you're saying you would cheat on me if I was less hot?"
"No no no no no, definitely not." he shook his head side to side rapidly, in an almost cartoonish way. I laughed back at him, and he pulled me into a hug.

"Good, because I'm not sharing." I said, holding my boyfriend closer to me.

———————————————————————
so, how did u guys like this story? if you liked it, let me know in the comments! or maybe even leave me a little vote ;)

you can submit requests here: