(𝙀𝙙𝙜𝙖𝙧 𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙋𝙤𝙚)--𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙏𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

I am writing this one per one of my friends request. To my friend, A: I hope you read this and like it or I will  kick your as-

AHEM

Anyways, onto the one-shot

Fluff

△▼△▼△▼△▼

The Armed Detective Agency was having a party. Kyouka (the newest ADA member) in a pretty dress while everyone was crowding around her in awe. A piece of candy was held by her as she looked at it in amazement, you assumed she never really ate candy while in the port mafia. Then again, the port mafia didn't sound like a very luxurious organisation to be in. The girl took off the candy wrapper, only to be taken and eaten by Ranpo a moment later.

You wanted to stay home, but everyone begged you to come to the party, which you couldn't refuse. The way almost all of them looked at you with puppy dog eyes made it hard for you to say no. You weren't one for parties, being the antisocial introvert you were. You merely sat in a chair that was seated in the office and watched at everyone was having fun with each other. You weren't mad that they weren't including you. In fact, you found it quite nice that you could just watch them be happy and have fun.

"Uh. Do I really belong here?" A voice asked.

You looked over to where the voice had come from. It was a tall man with dark clothing draped around his body. Along with dark hair that covered more than half of his face, and a... raccoon?

He was talking to Ranpo, who quickly walked away to eat a shit ton of candy. The man sighed.

You stared at the man and the raccoon on placed in his shoulders. He also held a book that had pretty designs on it with a dark purple background.

He looked in your direction. Which made you whip your head around to its original position of watching your friends as you heard footstep approaching you.

"Uh. Excuse me. Is anyone sitting here?" The man you were gazing at a moment ago awkwardly asked. You took another brief look at him before shaking your head. He took that as a sign to sit down and he held his book tightly in his hands.

There were a few moments of awkward silence before the raccoon that was once on the man's shoulders crawled into your lap and dozed off.

"No! Ugh. Karl! You can't just sleep on strangers laps!" The man scolded the sleeping raccoon. He reached his hand out to grab the raccoon but you started to pet the animal before he could, which made him retract his hands and look at you in slight confusion.

You chuckled. "It's okay. He's soft and fluffy, so I don't mind." The man didn't seem to expect this action, which earned you an awkward "oh. Okay."

Deciding to step out of your comfort zone and actually interact with someone new, you pointed at his book. "If I may ask, what are you reading?"

The grip that his arm had in the book loosened as he looked at it. "Oh. It's a book I'm writing. My ability allows me to put people into the stories in the books. So I'm writing a bunch of mysteries to put people in." He replied. You nodded with a small smile on your face. "That's really cool! Have you ever put someone in there?"

He lightly blushed at your compliment and looked down while nodding. "I put one person in here. But he was able to solve it quickly."

"Did you put Ranpo in your book?"

He looked up at you in surprise. "H- how-"

"It's Ranpo. If anyone is going to figure it out in no time, it's ought to be him."

The man looked down again and nodded in agreement. You stole another glance at the book. "If you don't mind, can I see what you have written in the book?"

Although slightly taken aback, he handed you his book with a shaky hands that he had been tightly holding.

Inside were very intricate and detailed mysteries. Some where murder mysteries, other were simple, everyday crimes.  But they were all very well thought out in a manner that made you think even the most skilled detectives (excluding Ranpo) could never figure this out. On the very first page you noticed name written in beautiful handwriting. Poe, it said

The man noticed you staring in awe at the book. "It's nothing much. I just like to write down mysteries for talented detectives to solve. And also to see if Ranpo can succeed in figuring them out or not."

The raccoon who's name you learned was Karl, got up from you lap and climbed onto your shoulders, which took you by surprise. The man beside you chuckled. "It seems Karl has taken quite a liking to you."

You didn't hear what he was saying, still entranced by the book. "The mysteries you write are amazing. You think these things out very thoroughly." You looked up at him while saying.

His hair was slightly parted, which gave you a glance at his eyes.

What beautiful eyes. Dark, yet full of light. You thought.

"Th-thank you. No one has really said anything like that about what I do." He stuttered.You smiled again.

"Well they should. What you write is incredible."

Meanwhile, a certain detective by the name of Ranpo, has noticed the two of you interacting. He smirked. "No doubt about it, they are already in love with each other." He whispered to himself.

"I- uh. Um. If you don't mind, could I possibly-"

"Yes."

He froze. "Huh?"

You tilted your head at him. "You we're going to ask me out in a date, weren't you?"

He nodded.

"Then yes, I would like to go out on a date with you." You said nonchalantly.

He didn't really know what to say. Of course, he merely asked on a whim because he found your beauty and personality quite attractive. He assumed you would say no, therefore he didn't really know what to do next. Except merely nod and look down.

"Great. Then it's a date! I don't mind where we go. You can pick. Shall we make it, 4:00 on Saturday?" You asked. He looked back up at you with a small smile on his face.

Karl, who had been snuggled up on your shoulders for a long while, decided to go back to him and lay on his shoulders again. Which earned a smile from the man.

You grinned at the sight of him preciously smiling. You looked back at your friends who were talking amongs each other and made eye contact with Yosano, who motioned for you to come join them.

You got up and felt a hand grip your wrist.

"Wait! I never got your name." The man stated.

You grinned at him. "It's (Y/N). Have a nice rest of your day, Poe." You walked away.

He sat there, dumbfounded, yet in awe by you. Then, yet again, he smiled.

"Well Karl, looks like I have something to look forward to this weekend."