Prologue

William was the business guy, Henry was the robotics engineering guy, and I was the designer guy. er.. girl, rather..

I'd design the robots to be cute and appealing, Henry would build the robots, and William would put 'em up for the public to see.

I designed three mascots: a bear, a rabbit, and a chicken. Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica.

And Henry, with some help from William, made the animals to be both robots and suits. William, though he was the business guy, knew the ins and outs of robotics and engineering just as much as Henry did, if not more. 

Henry would wear the bear, William would wear the rabbit, and I'd wear the chicken. Henry and William had designed our suits utilizing springlocks, meaning that the suits could be worn and also used as an animatronic. Though, we'd need to wind up the springlocks and keep them wound up, otherwise we'd end up skewered. 

Nevertheless, we loved entertaining the kids. It always made me so happy to see all the kids' faces light up when we'd step out from behind the curtain. The way they'd cheer and smile for me and the way that I could brighten a child's day made it all worth the while.

Although, I never appreciated how rough some of them would be; I'd bend down to greet and hug a kid and they'd wrap their arms around me and start thrashing–in other words, they'd give me an innocent, yet very aggressive hug, unaware of the sensitive springlocks inside the adorable animal they were hugging. That would always loosen the springlocks. I'd have to quickly excuse myself from the situation and rush backstage to yank the suit off. Thanks to those aggressive hugs, I've had many close calls with the springlock suits.

I still love the kids. I'd always wanted some of my own.

Henry and William both have kids. Henry has two–Sammy and Charlotte– and William has three–Micheal, Elizabeth, and Evan. All of their kids were such sweethearts. Well, all of them except Michael. Michael the sulky teenager. William's oldest.

He'd hide around corners, wearing a botched mask of a fox design, and scare his younger brother, Evan. Though I'm not his parent, whenever I see Michael scaring his brother, I try to tell him to stop.  

I felt guilty for making the mask that haunted Evan's dreams. I, of course, was the one who designed that fox mask. We were thinking of adding a fourth mascot to the diner, so I made a design. The design ended up being a bit creepy and we ultimately decided it shouldn't be shown to the kids, so the prototype head piece was scrapped and given to Michael as a mask. Unfortunately, he used the mask as a way to torment his younger brother.

But nevertheless, I still loved Michael. He was a good kid most of the time.

Henry and I had been friends since Elementary school. And Henry, William and I had been friends since High School. Henry was always so sweet. He cared about everyone and everything. He sunk passion into everything he did, from his schoolwork to his robots then into his family. 

And William was sweet under his intimidating shell. I'd see it when he played pretend with Evan or when he'd have tea parties with Elizabeth. Even though he acted like he didn't care for Elizabeth's tea parties, I could tell, deep inside, he loved them.

William liked to make robots with Henry, too. The both of them were smart. Very smart. I admired them. I loved them, they were my best friends. Opening the diner with them was the best thing I'd ever done.