5

I woke up feeling a sharp pain in my neck.

Fuck, have i been stabbed or something?? Oh, no, I've just been sleeping on the couch. Why am I sleeping on my couch?

Wait.

This isn't my couch. This isn't my house.

I sat up, still trying to figure out where I was, still not completely awake.

"Good morning, Darling." I heard a British voice say.

Oh right, I stayed over at William's.

"Good morning"

"How did you sleep?"

"Like shit. My neck is sore."

"Maybe next time you can sleep in my bed." William smirked.

My eyes rolled on impulse. "And you sleep on the couch?" I got up from the couch and followed him to the kitchen where Michael and Evan were eating.

"Where's Lizzie?" I ask.

"Still tuckered out from the tea party." Michael said before finishing his eggs.

"Hurry up and eat, (Y/N), we've gotta leave for work in half an hour." William says.

"What! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

William shrugged and walked off to his room only to return with some spare clothes for me. He returned with his own clothes, expecting it to fit me. 

There's no way that'll fit.

"You know what wont fit, right?"

"I'll make it fit."

Michael spat his food out and looked up from his plate, staring at William and I with wide eyes.
"What the FUCK!!" He yelled.

"I was gonna hem it, jeez." William rolled his eyes at his son, the dirty connotation of his previous sentence completely blowing over his head. 

"Since when can you sew??" I narrowed my eyes at William.

"Learned it from my mama as a boy." He flashed me a toothy grin. It looked like a genuine smile. How sweet.

"No, don't ruin your perfectly good work clothes for me. I'll take your shirt, but I can just wear my pants again. It's not like I was working in parts and services yesterday." 

William obliged, seeing reason and handed me a purple blouse similar to his own. Then I made my way to the bathroom and changed there. I put on the lavender colored top tucked it into my black pants. 

As soon as I was done, William sent his children off to walk to school and I started up my car. William sat in the passenger seat, like the passenger princess that he is and we set off for the diner. 

Upon arriving at the diner, we were met with a very ecstatic Henry.

"Hey Henry, what's goin' on?" William asked.

"I have amazing news!!" Henry said, gesturing us to follow him into his office. So we unlock the diner, but don't turn everything on just yet. 

"What's up?" William and I sit across from him at his desk.

"Alright, Wonder Twins,"

William and I look at each other, both wearing the same purple shirt and same black dress pants.

"So, I was approached by a business man yesterday, he said he wants to buy the company!" Henry says.

"What?"

"He wants to buy the company from us! He wants to expand the franchise, he says Fredbear, Bonnie and Chica all have great potential but he had a better idea to add to the gang! He's already drawn up some new designs for new animatronics!" Henry dug out a blue print for 5 mascots.

A frog, a hippo, a pig, an elephant and a bear.

William and I exchange glances. "Henry, this looks great and all, but this is our dream. Not some corporate business' dream. Besides, I thought designing the animatronics was my job?" I say.

"I like (Y/N)'s designs better. These animatronics look like a mediocre version of her's. Call 'em 'Mediocre Melodies' Heh." William said blatantly and chuckled, "That bear looks like a rip-off Fredbear!"

Henry looked down sheepishly and embarrassed. I began to feel bad. He only wanted to surprise us with the news. 

"Just tell him we said that we don't wanna sell the company." I sighed, trying to remain supportive and reassuring.

"Yeah. So, about that. I thought you guys would've liked the idea, so.. I kinda sold. the.. company.." William's jaw dropped and mine followed suit, we stood up from the chairs and both made an attempt to process what we just heard. "It was supposed to be a happy surprise! I thought you'd be happy at the payout.. I-"

"Henry, tell me you're joking right now. Tell me those Mediocre Melody fucks aren't gonna replace our current mascots." William leaned over the desk. "Henry, please. Tell me this is all some mean joke!"

I stood there in silence, still failing at processing what was going on. Henry smiled a guilty smile.

Henry, how could you? This was our dream. Our dream. OUR Dream!

"I thought you'd be happy!"

"Henry! We're out of jobs now! We're no longer the owners!" William began to raise his voice.

"No- I-..."

"Did you not realize that before you sold our company!?" He screamed.

"I thought you'd be happy!!" Henry yelled back.

"Do I look happy?! Look at (Y/N), does she look happy?"

Henry looked at me and my disconnected expression. He felt awful.

"I'm sorry, I made a mistake!" Henry pleaded.

"A mistake that cost all of us our dream! Henry, you air headed dimwhit, you're not realizing the gravity of the situation!" William spat.

"So, Springbonnie, Fredbear and Chica are going to be-" I was cut off.

"Retired, yes. But they'll be replaced by higher quality animatronics, they'll be newer tech! No more springlocks, no more close calls! No more danger!" Henry kept trying to persuade us.

"But no more Fredbear, or Bonnie, or Chica... They'll be replaced by animatronics that aren't even our own?" I looked to the floor, upset.

"Y-yes, but that just means there's room for some new faces!" Henry tried so desperately to lighten the mood.

But it wasn't working. I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd wake up any time now and realize it was all a bad dream, but I didn't. This was reality. And our diner was just sold. 

"How much longer do we have with the diner?" I asked, defeated.

"Two to three years." Henry replied. "Just until they have the new place built and the new animatronics made."

"Alright, then." I exited the office, needing some space and not wanting to see Henry at the moment. I headed straight to the backroom, William followed.

I sat in front of the slumped down Chica suit. Looking at the bird as if it would be the last time i saw her, despite still having at least two more years with her. William sat next to me, holding the Bonnie head piece in his lap.

"(Y/N), what do you say... we make our own restaurant?" William pitched.

"What?"

"You draw 'em up and I'll build 'em. We can do better without Henry! We'll use our own characters and maybe add some new ones!"

"That.. does sound nice, but what about Henry? Won't he feel left out or something?"

"It's his own fault we don't have a diner of our own anymore, if anything he'll probably be working at the 'improved' version of this place, anyways." William scoffed.

"I guess y-you're right.. yeah... okay. I like that idea... I think I have a few ideas for the redesigned mascots.."