30

A week went by. Then a month. William and I waited for the heat surrounding Freddy's to die down.

Slowly, but surely, the attention around the restaurant died down; no one could find those kids.

The police continued to search the perimeter of Freddy's even though the restaurant had closed down.

Henry had abandoned the building completely—boarding up the windows and leaving the place to rot.

William and I decided to leave it alone for the time being, at least until the police stopped searching.

Once the police dropped the case, we'd free the children. But until then, William and I spent our time at home, together.

Michael remained at Henry's house, taking the hint that we didn't want to speak with him.

William and I strode down the sidewalk, walking to the park, two blocks down as we usually did every other day. Our fingers intertwined with one another as we walked hand in hand.

It was autumn, the brown leaves fell from the trees and surrounded us as we stood in the park.

It seemed awfully romantic for just a stroll in the park.

William looked down at me with endearing eyes.

"(Y/N)?" He asked, his voice warm and soft. Talking as though to a puppy who'd be easily scared away.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for trying to save Evan." William blushed. "It really shows how much you care. I do admire that."

"Of course, I love that boy as much as you do. He's our son, isn't he?"

William smiled warmly. "(Y/N), you care for my children as if they're your own, you care for me as if I'm the only thing that exists in this world and I care for you just the same." William said, reaching into his pocket.

I gasped as William bent down on one knee.

"(Y/N) (L/N), my partner in crime, the love of my life, you've been Ms. (L/N) for long enough. Would you care to be Mrs. Afton?" He asked, his pale face was flushed red as he pulled out a box to reveal a gorgeous ring.

"Yes! Yes, of course!" I yelled as I jumped up and down, allowing him to slide the ring onto my finger.

The ring was everything I could've ever wanted. A gorgeous (favorite gem stone) placed in the middle of a shiny silver band.

"Thank you, my love. I'd be more than happy to be your partner in crime for the rest of eternity." I grabbed his head, kissing him passionately, happier than ever.

My happiest day.

Our happiest day.