13

A couple weeks had gone by and finally it was Evan's birthday.

"Happy Birthday, Evan!!" I shouted very loudly as I jumped into his room, surprising him.

The poor boy shot up from his bed and screamed at the top of his lungs, terrified. Tears began welling in his eyes.

"Oh no, no, no. I'm so sorry, sweetie!" I apologized as I quickly took him into my arms.

I held him tightly and swayed him, calming him down.

"Happy birthday, sweetie." I giggled.

Evan looked up at me and smiled. "Thank you, (Y/N)." He dried his eyes.

I was sat on Evan's bed while he sat on my knee. His watery eyes gazed up at me as I smiled back to him.

Our heads snapped to the door of Evan's room being slammed open.

"Happy Birthday, Pipqueak!!" Michael yelled as he jumped out towards Evan. Michael was wearing his creepy, red foxy mask.

Evan whimpered and buried his face into my chest as tears fell down his face.

"Michael! Of all days, why his birthday!?" I held Evan tightly as he shivered in my arms.

"I didn't have any money for a gift, so this is his gift!" Michael cheered.

"Please not today, Michael." I begged. "C'mon, Evan, let's go." I led Evan to the kitchen where William was making pancakes.

"Good morning, Birthday Boy." William greeted, putting a plate of pancakes on the table.

All four of us sat at the table eating pancakes.

"Dad?" Evan asked.

"Hm?"

"Where's Lizzie? Isn't she gonna say happy birthday to me?"

Fuck. What do we say? Tell him straight up? Lie?

I looked at William. "She's still at Charlie's house." He said, before eating his pancake.

"Still?? It's been like two weeks!" Evan complained.

"She's having a sleepover." William said.

"Hey father, can I have a sleepover for two weeks?" Michael slipped into the conversation.

"With the Emilys? Sure. Go have fun with Sammy." William waved his hand, shooing away Michael.

"No, with my friends." Michael corrected.

"Oh, your friend, Sammy Emily? Sure!"

Michael huffed in defeat. "I don't wanna have a sleepover with the 3 year old. I wanna have a sleep over with MY friends" Michael mumbled under his breath.

"You excited for your birthday party, Evan?" I asked.

"Not really..." Evan mumbled.

"Oh, what? Why?" I looked at Evan, concerned.

"I don't like Fredbear, he's scary." Evan's eyes started to tear up.

I hugged Evan tightly, trying to make him feel how I felt in William's arms: safe.

"It's okay, you can hang around me if you want." I comforted the boy.

Evan smiled up at me, his adoring eyes big and teary.

"Alright, I gotta go get ready." I patted his shoulder.

I went into mine and William's room and grabbed my shirt out of the drawer. I changed into my (f/c) shirt and changed into my black pants.