1

Every other day, we'd suit up in the springlock suits and put on a show for the kids. Today was one of those days.

After our show, I walked into the backroom and cautiously stepped out of the Chica suit. Careful not to trigger the springlocks, I took off the head, then the torso, then stepped out of the legs. 

I heard a muffled squeak from behind me–one that held pure agony and pain, one that came from a child. 

I whipped my head around to see a crying child with his hand covering his mouth standing in the doorway to the staff room. He looked to be about 4 or 5. His eyes were wide with horror and tears streaming down his face rapidly.

Why is he crying? Did something happen?

"Hey. Kid, you're not supposed to be back her-"

"YOU MONSTER" The little boy screamed.

What?

"You killed Chica... You tore her apart... from the- from the inside..." The kid choked out.

Ohh, he doesn't know it's a suit. shit.

"No, look kid, I didn't!" I gestured to the other suits slumped down around the room. Trying to convey the message that they were suits and not real animals.

The kid looked around the backstage room, seeing the empty mascot heads sitting on the shelves and the lifeless looking mascot bodies. His eyes went wider, his face went even paler than it previously was. 

Oh this must look so bad to him. The decapitated heads of the mascots.

He screamed a blood curdling scream and booked it out of the backstage room. I followed him out of the staff only room and into the main diner area.

"Mommy! Mommy!" The boy cried.

The mother looked over, panicked to see her little boy bawling his eyes out with me in tow.

"What happened!?" She asked the boy, grabbing his face and looking for any harm.

The boy pointed to me, "She killed Chica!" He yelled, drawing the attention of nearby children.

Shit.

"No! I didn't, everything's okay!" I smiled. The customers gave me varying looks of 'holy shit this girl just killed Chica?!' and 'Huh, wtf is goin on?'

"What-?" The mother asked. I couldn't imagine how confused she must be right now.

I pulled the lady to the side as to not let the other children overhear.

"I'm one of the owners here, ma'am, and I'm the one who wears the Chica suit. When the show was over, your son followed me into the backstage area and saw me take off the suit. He also saw the empty mascot heads... so. I think he probably thinks I'm a serial killer." I let out a small chuckle. "But don't worry, ma'am. There're no serial killers here!"

The mother nodded her head and made an "oh" shape with her mouth, understanding what happened.

"I'm so sorry about that!" The mother apologized. 

"All good, no need to worry." I reassured her.

The woman walked back to her son and tried her best to comfort him and reassure him that he hadn't just witnessed a brutal murder. 

The boy would not stop crying. The kid was inconsolable. 

God is this what having kids is like? Maybe I don't want kids...

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" I heard a little girl say. She tugged on my shirt to grab my attention.

"Hello Charlie!" I greeted her, picking her up.

I walked with her to Henry's office. The door read 'Emily'.

Knock Knock.

"Come in!" I opened the door after hearing Henry. "Charlotte!" His head perked up upon seeing his daughter.

"Daddy!" I let Charlie down and she ran into her father's arms.

"I saw Fredbear today! He gave me a hug!" Charlie said with an adoring smile on her face.

"Is Fredbear your favorite?" I ask.

"Yes! I love Fredbear!" Henry smiled, hearing his daughter.

"What about Chica?" I grinned.

"She's my second favorite." Charlie said without a doubt.

"And what about Bonnie?" A voice from behind us startled me.

I turn around to see William leaning against the doorway.

"He's my third favorite" Charlie answered. I shot a smug smile at William. 

I had won this time. Heh heh heh! 

"Oh, but he so much better than Chica! Bonnie can play the guitar!" William attempted to persuade Charlie. 

Charlie began to consider William's argument.

"But Chica can- hm, what can Chica do?"

"Eat pizza like there's no tomorrow" William muttered under his breath.

I rolled my eyes at William's attempted slander against my girl. "She knows good food when she tastes it." 

"Well, everybody knows that Fredbear's obviously the best." Henry chuckled picking up his daughter. "Alright, I'm heading home. You two close up?"

"You gotcha." I gave Henry a thumbs up.

Henry left the office, leaving me and William. I flopped into the chair across Henry's desk.

"Will, you won't believe what happened!" I piped up, slightly chuckling. "Some kid followed me into the safe room and saw me take off the Chica suit. He thought I killed her! Kid had the most horrified look on his face!" I laughed.

William let out a small chuckle. "Poor kid, must be traumatized because he had to see your face instead of Chica's."

I rolled my eyes to his response. "You dick." William and I sit in silence for a good second, both silently chuckling at the joke. "What time do you have to pick up your kids up from school?" I asked William.

William shrugged. "Michael knows the way home. He can bring the other two back."

"Don't turn them into latchkey kids!" I stood up from my seat to face him, my height not even close to rivaling his. "Come on, let's go pick them up." William doesn't budge until I mutter the words of defeat. "We can take my car." 

And only then does William agree to pick his children up from school. I don't mind. It's not a short drive and I'd do anything for those kids.