19

"William you're an idiot!" Henry yelled. "You're going to give your comatose son some orange goo you scooped up from your burning home?! Do you know how insane that sounds??"

"Henry, Henry, listen to me. I tried it and it healed my burns! So we've gotta try it on Evan! Whatever they're doing in the hospital isn't working to heal him!"

"I saw it! The goo healed his burns!" I exclaimed.

"You both are delirious, you haven't slept in days!! This is insane! William, you're a fool! You have no clue what it'll do to him! It'll probably kill him! Do you want to kill Evan?!"

"Shut up!" I snapped at Henry. Henry stared at me surprised. "I would never try to kill Evan!"

"(Y/N), don't you realize how dangerous this is?!"

"Henry you don't know what we know! We know that the goo can help!" William insisted.

"No William. You're wrong. Giving strange goo to a child in critical condition will only make his condition worse!"

William brushed Henry off.

"William, you air. Headed. Dimwhit." Henry began. "You're not realizing the gravity of the situation!!" Henry repeated what William had told him the day he said he'd sold the diner.

"Don't you dare use my words against me. I know what this shit does and I plan to use it to save my son! What would you do if Charlie were in this situation?!" William yelled.

"I'd let the medical professionals handle it!"

"And what if they weren't able to do anything, huh? Would you leave her to die??"

"That's better than giving her some supernatural orange sludge and playing roulette with her life!"

"Fine then. You know what?! Fine. (Y/N), let's go. We've got a goodbye party to set up."

"Wait, excuse me? What? Goodbye party?"

"Diner's going bye bye today." William said with a poker face.

"Great! As if my day couldn't get any worse."

Henry arrived at the diner not long after we did. He'd brought Charlie, Sammy and Michael.

We set up for the party, putting streamers up, blowing up balloons.

And finally, at around 5:00, the we opened the doors and the party began. Everyone was having a great time. Everyone except me and William.
I mean, to be fair, how could we be having fun? This was a goodbye party. A party to bid our dream adieu.

"I'm gonna go on a drive, I can't stand this."

"I'll go with you, this is insufferabl-"

"(Y/N)! Can you help me serve pizza to the kids?" Henry yelled over.

"Ugh, yeah. Sure." I yelled back, unenthusiastically. "Have fun on your drive." I patted Will on his back.

William left for his drive and I went to serve pizza to the kids.

After about thirty minutes, Henry approaches me. "(Y/N), have you seen Charlie? I can't find her."

"I don't know. Haven't seen her."

"Can you help me look for her?"

"She's probably playing somewhere, it's fine. Besides, you've got your security puppet thing, don't you? She'll be fine."

Henry sighs. "Fine. Can you just take out the trash, then?"

"You got it, boss."

I grabbed the trash bag and headed for the back entrance.

I open the door and toss the bag into the trash.

"please..." I hear a whimper.

What?

I peak around the large trash bin only to see William.