The Redo Date

Chapter 5

Reid's POV
*2 weeks later*

It's been two weeks since Henry has been out of the hospital. So me and JJ are going out on our redo date, while Henry has a play date with James- His friend from kindergarten.

I was getting out of the shower when I heard my phone go off. I glance over at it and see 8 missed texts from JJ. 'Not again' I think to myself. I unlock my phone and read one message;
'Hey spence'
Just reading that makes me smile. Even if its just a text it still brightens up my life. I read another one:
'Hello'
And another:
'Spence? Just wanted to know how fancy 2 dress"
'If u don't respond ill just wear sweats and a hoodie'
Why does she have to be so cute even when I can't see her?
'SPENCER REID?!'
'Im going 2 kill ur adorable little mind if u dont respond soon!!' Should I be scared?
I guess not. She called my brain adorable.
'Omg spence! Y r u ignoring me?!'
'Rrrrrrr u little terd!'
'Hi JJ I was just showering sorry!!' I respond before she can threat me anymore.
'FINALLY!!!!;)' she responds back in less than twenty seconds!
'So the resteraunt is fancy but casual. So like nice shirt and jeans or something;)'
'K see u soon'
'Bye cutie<3' CRAP!!! Why did I say cutie and send a heart?!! Uhh! I'm such a dweeb!
'<3' she sends back which is such a relieve!

*Later that night*
I was on my way to my door when I looked in my mear. I was wearing black skinny jeans with a nice navy blue shirt and some axe cologne! My hair was spiked and cut short just for the occasion! Morgan picked it out, but I have to admit, I look hot! I carry on my way out the door and start my car. I got to JJ's house and pulled in her driveway. I walked up to her door and rang the doorbell. I waited maybe a minute before she came to the house and made me almost faint! She was wearing blue skinny jeans with a black and grey blouse. Her hair was curled and she smelled like wild honey suckle. I stood there standy for a couple minutes wondering how someone like her ever agreed to go out with someone like me.

"Wow spence you look great!" She says which makes me blush a little.
"Compared to you I look like a ugly hobo!" I say which makes her smile and look down at her flats.
"No you don't! You look like a model!"
"Thanks! Now we better get going before they give away our reservation!" I say and take her hand in mine. At first she doesn't hold my hand back which makes me all tense! Then after a few more seconds she holds my hand and we walk to the door. I open the door for her like my mom always told me to.
"What a gentleman you are!" She says and gives me a quick peck on the cheek! I feel my cheeks get warm and I start to chuckle a little at myself.
"What? I was never a gentleman before?" I ask jokingly.
"Well you never did this to anyone!" She says giving me a light punch on the arm. I walk around to my door and jump in the drivers seat.
"Never had the chance now did I?"
"Well I'm glaId I was your first chance!" She says and gives me a great big smile like a crazy person! I start to laugh. She's so cute!

It got quiet so I turned on the radio and turned on Country106.7 because I know she loves country music! One of her favorite songs come on because as soon as she hears it she starts singing along!

"Seven thirty-five
She's someone else's wife
I can get on with my life
And that thrills me
She married him today
Her daddy gave the bride away
I heard a tear roll down her face
And that kills me
Cause now I can see why
She's finally cryin
How was I supposed to know
She was slowly letting go
If I was puttin her through hell
Hell I couldn't tell
She could've given me a sign
Could've opened up my eyes
How was I suppose to see
She never cried in front of me"

"Wow Jage you have a beautiful voice!" I say astonished. I never knew she could sing like that!
"Just a hobby I picked up over the years!" She says proudly looking out the window.
"So where are we going anyways?" She asks glancing back at me.
"A sports bar!" I say almost proudly.
"Really? You plus sports does not work well!" She says laughing!
"Hey! I played baseball once!"
"Only because you had to!"
"Still counts," I say sticking out my tounge playfully at her.
"Ok! Whatever you say!"

When we finally get there her face lights up.
"Oh my god!! Spence! The Cobblestone! I love this place! My parents use to take me here all the time when I was little!"
"I know!"
"Yeah right!"
"Lets go! Come on blondie!"
"Only Morgan can call me that!"
"Fine! Come on mrs. American Idol!"
She just rolls her eyes at me and takes my hand as we walk in.