Go get her

Reid's POV

I walk out of the elevator at 10:36 am and into the BAU glass doors. I walk towards my desk when Hotch asks to talk to me, in private.
Oh great I think to myself.
O set my things down at my desk and walk up the stairs to his office. I enter and close the door behind me.
"Please sit." He says motioning to the chair I'm standing I front of.
"So what's a matter?"I ask him knowing he would only call me in if something went wrong.
"JJ came in this morning and quit. Do you have any idea why she did this?" Hotch asks me with a look of dismay crossing over his face.
"We had a big fight yesterday morning but I don't know where we stand in our relationship right now. We both said and did things to one another that were uncalled for but uh-" I'm cut off when Morgan walks in.
"Reid, someone's calling and asking for you. Garcia answered it but she doesn't recognize the voice." He informs me.
"Oh ok. Tell her I'll be there in a minute. I'm just going to finish with Hotch." I respond.
He nods his head and turns before speaking again," You better fix things with her kid. There's no one like her." He closes the door behind him and I just look at the door in complete shock.
"Go!" Hotch says and points to the door.
"Bu-"
"Now!" He yells.
I walk out and Garcia hands me the phone.
"Reid," I say with no expression at all.
"Hi can we meet down at the coffee shop?" The voice asks me.
"Fine but on my lunch break at 12:45." I answer with obvious annoyance in my voice.
"K see you then," they respond and hang up.
I hang up the phone and walk over to my desk.
Its a paper work day since JJ left. I sit down and start on it. I look at the tall stack of papers on my desk and estimate it will take me 2:34.18 to finish it all.
~~~~~~~

The clock finally strikes 12:40 and we all get up and leave for lunch a little bit early. I grab my coat from the back of my chair and throw it on. I grab my keys off my desk and walk to the elevator. I push the down button and wait for the metal doors to open.
I finally reach the coffee shop and order my coffee. I sit down at a table in the far back right hand corner. I pick up a sugar pack and dump it in. I dump five more in after the first one. I take a sip of it and look out the window and wait for her to show up.
After 20 minutes of sitting she finally walks through the doors. She orders her coffee and sits across from me.
"Why did you want me to meet you here?" I ask her and furrow my brow.
"Look, I know last time we talked with left on not-so-good terms, but now I want to make it right. I want you back Spencer." Mackenzie tells me and puts her hand over top of mine.
"No! Fuck no! I just got engaged and now all the sudden you want me back? Fuck off!" I pull my hand out from underneath hers, grab my coffee and walk out.
I return back to work and walk into the break room. I pull out a chair and flop down onto it. I sigh and throw my head back.
"What's got you troubling son?" Rossi asks.
"This chick that I used to date years ago called me and asked me to meet her at the coffee shop downtown. I said yes and when I got there she sat down and put her hand on top and of mine. She told me she wants us to get back together. I obviously said no because I still love JJ."
"Still? What happened with you and JJ that makes you say still?" He asks obviously puzzled.
"We got into a huge fight yesterday and we both said some things that were not...um friendly I guess you could say." I explain looking up at him.
"What should I do?" I ask.
"Well if I were you I'd get off you skinny ass and find where the hell JJ is and make things right with her!"
"Yeah but I don't think she wants to talk to me. I may or may not have flipped her the bird when I left." I start fiddling with my fingers.
"You little-"
"Ok I know I'm a jack ass! No need to get all army man on me!" I say cutting him off before he can verbally and physically hurt me.
"Get your ass out of here and make things right with that woman before I boot you to China!" He says in a louder tone.
"I'm going I'm going!" I shoot up from my chair and start jogging towards the doors.
"GO GET HER KID!" I hear Morgan I yell from behind me! I smirk and start running even faster.