Potter Luck on Halloween

All HP characters belong to J.K Rowling
______________________________

Visiting the Chamber proved to be difficult. Dumbledore seems to keep an even closer eyes at Scilla. Scilla noticed most of the paintings seem to do his biding.

She know for a fact that they report every single thing she did in Hogwarts. Scilla was close to ripping the old nutters' beard by then.

Halloween was approaching, and like usual, her family was in a somber mood the whole day. But there is something different that year, for a certain deity decided they were too bored without their heir.

"What are you doing here?" Scilla asked the embodiment of Death curiously.

"It was boring in the Underworld. And the Twins are driving me insane without you controlling them." Mort shrugged their skeletal shoulder.

Mort turned themselves into a crow and perched on the Death's heir shoulder. Scilla looked at her father unimpressed. The other was curious about the crow that won't leave her alone the whole day, but kept the question to themselves.

Scilla and co. were invited, by Bloody Baron to attend their party. She asked Severus whether they can go or not, which they got the permission. Though she need to come back for the Samhain with her family.

Apparently, Neville was also invited by Nearly Headless Nick with Granger. Scilla remembered Neville told her that Granger kept persisting that they were friends ever since he saved her last Halloween. Scilla patted his back in consolation.

The Weasley twins came with him after he begged the two, since he don't want to be with Granger alone. He exhaled in relief when he saw the four Slytherin came with Bloody Baron.

Thanks to Scilla, they have something edible to eat in that party. Sir Nicholas was about to start his speech when he was interrupted by the Headless Hunt.

Sir Patrick Podmore managed to offend Sir Nicholas about his head. Scilla sent a look towards Peeves who immediately grin in understanding.

'Well, let's leave it to Peeves.'

Scilla grabbed Draco's hand and signed for the other to follow her and the group of living left the chaotic Deathday party. The twins looked affronted by not being able to help Peeves in chaos.

The group were on their way to the great hall to catch a quick bite since they didn't get to enjoy their food thanks to the Headless Hunt.

A scent caught Scilla's attention midway. She scrunched her nose and glanced at the hallway in front of her.

'Chicken blood?'

They stopped dead in their track when they saw what was infront of them. Mrs. Norris was hung by her tail, frozen. And on the wall,

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware.

...was written with chicken blood.

Scilla almost ran towards the girls lavatory where the chamber entrance was, to check on Atheia. But she was stopped when the swarm of students who just finished their dinner came and also witnessed what has happened.

Filch came and cry in anguish, accusing Scilla's group. Scilla looked irritated at his accusation, though she was more irritated that she was stopped from checking on her beloved Basilisk.

"She's not dead, she's petrified." She said matter of factly.

The professors came and ushered the students to return back to their dorm. Scilla told them what happened, that they were invited to Sir Nicholas Deathday.

Scilla buried her head on Draco's shoulder and focused on his smell instead of the blood. Though the others though she did that because she was traumatized by the sight.

Severus steered her away from the scene, glaring at the headmaster when he noticed his intention to keep her and her group to question.

Instead of going to the common room, Severus told Draco, Blaise and Pansy to return, and brought Scilla to his room. He told Scilla to go back home first after he gave her a bag of blood, since he doubt he could leave at that moment.

Scilla pouted but nodded and went back to Prince Manor. Remus was already on the floo room to greet her. He lifted one of his eyebrow questioningly when he saw the blood bag in her hand. Scilla rarely drink at night, since it always made her giddy and energetic.

She went to find Sirius, followed by Remus, and explained to the two about what just happened.

"Are you sure you want to continue staying in Hogwarts? Pup! It's too dangerous! Why don't you just stay here? I can owl Dumbles about it."

"Hate to admit it, but I agree with Padfoot this time. It's too dangerous, Cub."

"Thank you! Come on, Pup. It's not like you need any studies anymore. I still don't understand why you're still staying in Hogwarts."

"Papa.. I need to protect Hogwarts. If I leave, Dumbles will destroy Hogwarts from the inside. I can't let that happen. And don't worry about me, I have a plan. I just need something to distract Dumbles. He kept an eyes on everything I did, I can't find any gap to pass him." Scilla sighed falling back on the sofa.

"I have to be patient. But I'm worried about what will happen to the students. I still don't understand how anyone can open the chamber.." She murmured the last part.

Severus finally came and join the three on the sitting room, looking thoroughly exhausted. Remus, taking a pity on him, summon a glass of firewhiskey and gave it to him. Scilla snorted in amusement at her Dad's look of annoyance, which she was fairly sure caused by none other than the esteemed headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Come on. Time for Samhain, Daddy's becoming impatient." Like last year, the Potter couple joined them on the day where the veil between the dead and living was thin.

~~~~~

It was quidditch match day. Scilla didn't want to come, but her brother can be really stubborn when it came to quidditch, so she was forced to come see the match.

Slytherin vs Gryffindor. The youngest Weasley son somehow managed to get the seeker position.

Scilla sat with Pansy who kept a hold on her hand to prevent the Potter-Black-Prince heir from escaping. Scilla sent a glare to Blaise who snickered at her predicament. She'd rather find a way to escape the paintings and visit the chamber than watch that bloody sport.

The match started, though Scilla barely paid any attention to it. She leaned on Blaise and placed her head on his shoulder. Blaise wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Scilla immediately caught sight on the snitch. Why none of the seeker saw it, she didn't know, nor did she care to tell Draco about it. It was their game, not hers. She turn Blaise's head towards the snitch's way and smirked. He looked at her, surprised that she found it so fast. It was, after all, only 10 minutes into the game.

The game ended with Draco holding the golden snitch proudly. Weasley was on the ground holding his broken arm, which was hit by a bludger earlier.

Scilla saw Lockhart approaching the crowd quickly. Scilla looked amusedly when Lockhart said he will fix Ronald's arm. She, for sure, know that will end badly for the red head.

Which was true. Lockhart managed to vanish the entirety of his arm's bones. Madam Pomfrey looked ready to curse him into oblivion. Scilla stood up and went back to the castle before any of her friends could stop her.
______________________________

Word Count : 1243

Oops! Sorry for the late update. I forgot about the date. I remembered earlier when I watch HBP on CN an hour ago. I was far too immersed in Hp Fanfic on AO3 lately, that I forgot to update. Time flies way too fast *sigh*.

Anyway! Hit the star icon and comment guys.. It'll give me motivation to write more (I think?)

Hope you enjoy! 👋

Sapphire