Family Time

Scilla, Merlin, and Arthur settled themselves in the living room. The crackling noise of a lit fireplace being the only sound among the comfortable silence.

"So.. How come you're here?" Scilla decided to break the silence.

"To be honest, we're not sure. We don't even remember much from our time in the afterlife." Merlin, who sat on the rug, leaned back on Arthur's legs.

"We do, however, remember that we always watch over you, Mara. That's probably why we know how to operate those things." Arthur gestured at the objects in the room, especially the kitchen.

"And this cottage?" Scilla won't ever admit it, but her heart trembled when Arthur said that.

"We were here when we woke up, and decided to stay. Mostly because of the familiarity this place hold." Merlin eyes were slightly glazed as if reminiscing.

"I can see that."

Scilla leaned on her brother's shoulder, snapping Merlin from his thoughts. He wrapped his arm around her and squeeze it gently. He missed this.

It took a moment for Scilla to realize something. She sat up and looked at Arthur warily.

"Should I be worried that you're here?" She looked pointedly at Arthur.

Arthur looked offended at her words. Scilla snorted at that and pointed her finger at Arthur, looking at Merlin.

"Didn't it said that Arthur will rise again when Albion is in greatest need? Does that mean Britain is in greatest need?" Merlin looked thoughtful at that.

"Did anything major happened lately? Is it possible that it involves that barmy old man who think he was greater than me?" Merlin scowled while saying that.

"Probably, I never thought he will be THAT much of a problem, though." Scilla looked amused at Merlin's scowl.

Arthur gently carded his hand through Merlin's hair, pacifying his lover's anger. Not that Merlin hate it when someone is stronger than him, he's fine with that, he simply dislike Dumbledore greatly.

"Are you going to stay here?"

"Until you need our help, Mara, we will stay here." Merlin softly squeeze his sister's hand.

"You know where to find us. And we will know the moment you are in danger. No matter where you are, we will be able to find you." Arthur added, gently squeezing her shoulder.

"I miss you two.."

"Us too, Mara."

~~~~~

Scilla felt much lighter when she returned. All of the painful longing she felt for her family lifted. She hugged both Rău and Haos tightly, muttering thank yous multiple times.

"Tell Vie, I said thank you. And that I'm happy."

"We will, little one." Rău ruffled her hair and disappeared.

"Come visit us next time, Shorty." Haos pinched her cheeks, which Scilla immediately swatted, and laughed heartily before following their twin.

Scilla smiled and went back to her bed. She snuggled under the cover and fall asleep soon.

~~~~~

"Scilla! Sirius! What did you do to the kitchen?!" Remus looked at the state of the kitchen horrified.

He was woken up by one of the elves that morning who bawled his eyes asking him to stop the two troublemaker.

The kitchen was a downright mess. Flour, eggs, sugar, and other baking ingredients covered the entire surface. Some weird black gooey liquid, that he swore he saw it moved, splashed on the kitchen counters. James floated near them looking amused.